Where do I hard wire

adrenalinejnky

Registered
Has anyone hardwired a radar detector on the 08? Is there an extra 12v not used like my 06? If so, Where and what color is the wire? Thanks

i havn't had a detector yet but am ready to order (tonight actually)... if you hard wire, is the unit removable for security reasons? I want to be able to have mine hard wired (as mentioned above) but want to be able to unplug it and pop it off for when parking in public. Any suggestions on quick disconnect mounts and wires?

I wired mine to the tag lite wire in the tail section and grounded it to the battery. Be sure to add a fuse block if your wire doesn't have one. I wire mine back there so the fuse block is under the seat and easy to get to if needed. You can cut the plug off the tag wire when it's removed and use it to plug directly into the tag light wire. Works great. I've wired all my busa's this way. Takes about fifteen minutes to accomplish this chore.

what's a radar detector for?
laugh.gif

Not sure what wire I tapped into, but all you really need to find one is a volt meter or test light. Take the clamp for the test light to ground and just probe for a wire that's hot when the switch is on and isn't when the ignition is on. Not a high current draw device, so any one will do.

I ran a Cigg Lighter adapter and directly attached to the battery with a relay switch. Added the switch after the first battery was sucked dry...Duh! Anyway, this has appeared to work fine for over a year. Anyone see a technical problem with this setup? This allows me to power the radar and navigation.

Thanks
Greg

Back