When is your next track day?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Alright you Throttle Jockey's, when is your next scheduled track day?

Maybe we can hook some of you to attend a track day together? It's always more fun if you have friends to spend a track day with. The more the merrier!

Now don't tell me you can't afford a track day if you have recently blinged your bike with aftermarket pipes, PC, fancy wheels etc. We'll have the "Good Judgment" squad show up at your house to spank your :spank:

:beerchug:

As soon as the bash is over, cant wait, going to turn it up a little and go even faster this year. :thumbsup:

May 8th and 9th, back at Barber Motorsports Park - taking my kid to his first track day then as well! :thumbsup:

Hopefully the indy cars wont tear up the place too badly this weekend!

Hi,

my next trackday will be on next monday at the "Hockenheimring" and in June at the "Nürburgring". I am attending 2 or 3 track days a year, if it is possible.
Do you know these race tracks? They are in Germany and you can see there each year a Formula 1 race.
Greetings

I'll be with Keith at NSS and then with everyone at Barber May 7-8...looking for some tire warmers now so if anyone has any good ideas...

Trying to hook up with Summer, UncleSteve, Macon454, and TwoToneVert at Hallet. Hopefully May 15-16...

As soon as the bash is over, cant wait, going to turn it up a little and go even faster this year. :thumbsup:

Happy to see you out there Shane. You have special talent no doubt.

Just don't try too much too quickly. We don't want to see you bitten by the dreaded High Side Snake!

Remember you are on Street tires and stock suspension with tons of HP. Get ham fisted with the throttle and you'll get a really quick arse :spank:

We all love your pictures, don't forget to postem up!

as soon as the Wif gives permission (dont hold your breath)

I'm hoping to have my FIRTS track day....at some point this season:whistle::whistle:

I mean...I got the bike for the track right? Now all I gotta do is get her ready to ride:whistle::laugh:

Happy to see you out there Shane. You have special talent no doubt.

Just don't try too much too quickly. We don't want to see you bitten by the dreaded High Side Snake!

Remember you are on Street tires and stock suspension with tons of HP. Get ham fisted with the throttle and you'll get a really quick arse :spank:

We all love your pictures, don't forget to postem up!

Thanks, already had the dreaded highside happen at are last trackday last year, been putting the bike back together ever since :laugh:, And i got slicks on it now, picked up 4 seconds a lap with them, but as you say i still got a little ham fisted even with them she gave me a nice highside. and i figured out that is not what ya want to happen. Will have more pics after the first one.

Damn Shane, I had no idea you crashed. No broken bones, eh? Those highsides are notorious for broken collar bones.

Your tires are only as productive as your suspension allows them to be. That Gixxer1K will spin slicks with little effort. Only takes 2 more mm of throttle over street tires. Grip is directly related to suspension. Proper suspension will give you much better grip on corner exits. You'll reach a point (You may already be there) where an aftermarket shock will be a huge asset.

I think you are slowly becoming a track junky? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
April 28th with PSSR at Portland International

May 27th Spokane with Sully doing the level II school for my novice license and
May 28th at open track day at Spokane

That was a far as I could comfortably plan with work.

I'm going to try for Hallet on May 16th.
Be my first time there, so I'll probably have to take the HART course. Hope it's better than the classes they had a Heartland Park last fall. "Push left to go left, push right to go right", I couldn't believe I was hearing that at a track day school.:laugh:

I am gonna try out Jennings GP, North of Lake City Florida in August.

I'm going to try for Hallet on May 16th.
Be my first time there, so I'll probably have to take the HART course. Hope it's better than the classes they had a Heartland Park last fall. "Push left to go left, push right to go right", I couldn't believe I was hearing that at a track day school.:laugh:

It'll be my first time at Hallett as well.

Back