Wheel Balancer

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I've been mounting and balancing tires for many years now, and finally bought this Redline Stands static balancer from a friend a couple of years ago...and had only been using it for about a dozen years before that, lol.
I have balanced Alot of tires for quite a few bikes on it, and they have all been glass smooth all the way to top speed.
So, the last thing I needed was another balancer...well...

Screenshot_20230316-224940_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230316-225003_Gallery.jpg

Yesterday I'm sitting at work and I get a text.
Two of my best friends like to go pawn shopping, and they hit up several of them weekly, they find some really cool stuff on occasion too.
One is the wheeler dealer, the other is the money man, lol.
One sends me a picture, check this out, you want it?
I don't need that...but Yes!
How much? $240
What?! There's one on ebay for a grand right now...
See what you can do.
He says I know I can get it for $200.
I said Please!
Long story short, they leave, go back a few hours later, and haggle with the owner.
This machine is missing the 4 cones and the threaded collar(no big deal, they know my Dad can make those), they are also discontinued.
So he gets it for $130...$137 after tax, and a 2 week money back garuantee it works!
I went and picked it up last night, and he says, just take it man, no charge, it's on me!
Awesome!!! Thank You!!!
Who can beat a Free Snap-On motorcycle tire balancer?!

20230316_223656.jpg

20230316_223555.jpg

20230316_223603.jpg

20230316_223619.jpg

Yesterday I'm sitting at work and I get a text.
Two of my best friends like to go pawn shopping, and they hit up several of them weekly, they find some really cool stuff on occasion too.
One is the wheeler dealer, the other is the money man, lol.
One sends me a picture, check this out, you want it?
I don't need that...but Yes!
How much? $240
What?! There's one on ebay for a grand right now...
See what you can do.
He says I know I can get it for $200.
I said Please!
Long story short, they leave, go back a few hours later, and haggle with the owner.
This machine is missing the 4 cones and the threaded collar(no big deal, they know my Dad can make those), they are also discontinued.
So he gets it for $130...$137 after tax, and a 2 week money back garuantee it works!
I went and picked it up last night, and he says, just take it man, no charge, it's on me!
Awesome!!! Thank You!!!
Who can beat a Free Snap-On motorcycle tire balancer?!

View attachment 1664188

View attachment 1664189

View attachment 1664190

View attachment 1664191
New toys are always good....

The same 2 guys work for a salvage/scrap business, and get some cool stuff there too.
One got a zero-turn mower 2 years ago.
Somebody dropped it off, he put gas and a battery in it...and has been mowing ever since!
They got me a parts washer a few months back, just the washer basin with the lid and pump.
I took that to my Dad, and he used an old tank and cart, and put it all together.
He told me a couple days ago that he finished it, so I'm excited to pick that up over the weekend!
It'll be nice to be able to clean parts easily inside!
I'll post another thread on that soon...can't beat free tools! lol

I've been mounting and balancing tires for many years now, and finally bought this Redline Stands static balancer from a friend a couple of years ago...and had only been using it for about a dozen years before that, lol.
I have balanced Alot of tires for quite a few bikes on it, and they have all been glass smooth all the way to top speed.
So, the last thing I needed was another balancer...well...

View attachment 1664186

View attachment 1664187
Congrats on the nice score of that snap on unit. So, is this balancer for sale now that you have a fancy one? My eBay one is on its last leg and I don’t like how flimsy it is so looking to upgrade.

Congrats on the nice score of that snap on unit. So, is this balancer for sale now that you have a fancy one? My eBay one is on its last leg and I don’t like how flimsy it is so looking to upgrade.

Nah, sorry man.
I'm going to keep it for trueing wheels with, to check for bends...and the dreaded job of tightening spokes(on rare occasion, I Hate doing those).
I have a rear tire to put on one of their bikes any day now too, as soon as he brings it, and I won't be able to use the machine until my Dad makes the cones and collar(which he doesn't know about yet, lol, he'll be by this afternoon).

Back