Whats your opinion on $$$, Bikes , economy

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Guys I am racking my brain, there is a Busa I really like, at a good price. I have the cash!. My monthly bills are managable. But winter is coming , and the economy is bad! So I'm torn on what to do... My 7K for a bike could come in very handy if the economy gets worse. & this would just about wipe out all my spare cash.. Yet we only live once.. aHHH:banghead: What to do??? I even tried selling my truck on Ebay and never got a bite, yet everytime I take it on a trip ( out) someone was wanting to buy it... So What would you do...?

if that money is your saving and in case of emergency you have no other way, i would wait a while, i think things will get better after election plus you can't ride much in winter time. you can always buy a bike later. just my 2 cents.

Keep your money and wait. If your still dying in Feburary to ride a busa you'll probably find a better deal in the middle of winter anyway. BTW the economy WILL get worse.

Keep the money and wait till after the election. See if the air clears a little by the second quarter of next year.

if the economy gets worse, and I'm thinking it will, you will be able to buy a busa even cheaper by next years riding season. If the economy starts to get better before the next riding season you will still be in cold weather and should still be able to find a great deal. Either way I say wait, if you are just wanting something to polish through the winter I will loan you mine. :laugh:

I say wait also. Things will smooth out, but maybe not for many months. This thing is a global problem now, and none of the polititions can fix what it took many months to screw up. If it does get worse you will miss the seven k. There is always another deal.

Man i buy and sell used bikes as a side business. Right now there are deals EVERYWHERE, but you got to ask why are they going os cheap? I my self have stopped buying as many bikes I I did 6 months ago. I was moving 7 to 10 bikes a month with a list 2 pages long of what people wanted.. Right now I only buy bikes that have a cash deposit on them.. Kepp the 7K in your pocket once the ass hats in the sotck market get it right then buy.

if that money is your saving and in case of emergency you have no other way, i would wait a while, i think things will get better after election plus you can't ride much in winter time. you can always buy a bike later. just my 2 cents.

:beerchug:

I went 12 years without riding so that I could get my $$ situation all set up. My wife and I are glad to this day that we did that. We're not independently wealthy by any stretch but we don't worry too much about money now. AND I have a Busa and my wife has a Gixxer 1K!

Among other things! :D

My suggestion is to wait until you can do this right. Putting yourself in hock for entertainment is just bad karma.

--Wag--

OKOKOK , I'll wait!!! I know you're right in what you are say'in. I think I'll wait until my truck sells and take that $$$ and get another Busa, I swore I'd never sell my truck - But I will , it just stays in the garage under blankets anyway... I do appreciate the advise:) & thank you.....:):bowdown:

OKOKOK , I'll wait!!! I know you're right in what you are say'in. I think I'll wait until my truck sells and take that $$$ and get another Busa, I swore I'd never sell my truck - But I will , it just stays in the garage under blankets anyway... I do appreciate the advise:) & thank you.....:):bowdown:

Right on!:thumbsup:

Why don't you do both. Take out a small loan at 10% or less from your bank, and keep that money in the bank just in case things get bad. It might costs you $5-800 in interest, but you keep your cash n your pocket AND you get your Busa.:cheerleader:

Thats an idea. I have thought about.. I just hate debt.. I am buying some land ( from the bank) as an investment... I also just took some pictures of some Vehicle parts to put on the ebay.. Selling some Gunz too. I figure If I clean house and get rid of STUFF. I might have a few grand that was kinda found money.. Also I am thinking of heading to GA. October fest and drive my truck - eveytime I take it out someone wants it . So we shall see . I just hate putting miles on it..BUT.......

I never consider it debt if I can pay it off whenever I want.... I'd just rather use other people's money to buy stuff if I can.:laugh:

Back