What's the GROSSEST thing you've eaten??

The worst taste huh, you ever eat my wifes cooking?

I am sure this is what Jefferycarman thinks of my cooking too. It is why I am taking cooking classes...

Grossest thing ever? I have tried many things...and I am not sure. Fish isn't all that tasty for me...

Gross food? Hang on, I'm thinkin'. Well, I've eaten things other folks might think gross, but I have a pretty open mind when it comes to food, and am far from being a picky eater.
Dunno, never really ran across anything I didn't like. Anything that is real food (no dumb things like live goldfish or earthworms) and not rotten goes. Though I've always heard Pheasant was best if allowed to get "gamey" before cooking, but I've never had the chance to try it.

Well there are a few things I've eaten.

1. duck egg with the fetis half formed inside. The beak was like gristle. Yes this was on purpose, it's a delicacy somewhere.
2. cow tongue.
3. Cabbage that is marinaded in a hot sauce and buried in the ground till it rots then you dig it up and eat it.
4. limberger cheese
5. raw fish
6. bunch of fly eggs on some hamburger. (NOT ON PURPOSE) *it was dark out:sulk:
7. I forget what all else.

Well there are a few things I've eaten.

1. duck egg with the fetis half formed inside. The beak was like gristle. Yes this was on purpose, it's a delicacy somewhere.
2. cow tongue.
3. Cabbage that is marinaded in a hot sauce and buried in the ground till it rots then you dig it up and eat it.
4. limberger cheese
5. raw fish
6. bunch of fly eggs on some hamburger. (NOT ON PURPOSE) *it was dark out:sulk:
Where did you get those duck eggs?
I love tongue sandwiches and Kimchi too.
Never tried Limberger cheese, sounds like I need to though.
Sushi is good, just too expensive around here.
Prolly had the fly eggs too, just didn't know it.
Yawned while going down the lake one night in the boat and ate a big moth. Took a lot of beer to wash the dust from it's wings down..
Our eating habits are a lot alike.:thumbsup:

Where did you get those duck eggs?
I love tongue sandwiches and Kimchi too.
Never tried Limberger cheese, sounds like I need to though.
Sushi is good, just too expensive around here.
Prolly had the fly eggs too, just didn't know it.
Yawned while going down the lake one night in the boat and ate a big moth. Took a lot of beer to wash the dust from it's wings down..
Our eating habits are a lot alike.:thumbsup:

I'll try to find out. I didn't purchase it myself. It all came from a foreign market that sells alot of "delicacies":laugh: I think most cities have these markets they're just not common. I'll shoot you a pm if I find out.:thumbsup:

Limburger = mouth full of poop.....

and then there is the "girl named Wanda" :whistle:

Limburger = mouth full of poop.....

and then there is the "girl named Wanda" :whistle:

i guess i could add old scallops to the list too:laugh: rotd

2300762331_2040dd91e5.jpg

Last edited:
The grossest thing I've eaten were bugs when I was going through survival school in becoming a pararescuemen in the Air Force:laugh:

Vegemite and molded bread. Not together. The molded bread made me really sick, and it was not eaten intentionally.

99busa, is this the egg you're talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an octopus salad Thursday evening, which in itself is very tasty. Unfortunately, the part that includes the beak was left in the salad. I was feeling adventurous so I chomped down on the strange looking section to find the crunchy beak. It was like biting through a hard shrimp tail.

72 Crickets in 60 seconds w/ chopsticks & I lost the competition to a
girl-113. Chased it w/ a lot of beer, but it didn't help.

The things you do in college to try to pay the bills...

99 - Those fish eggs that are considered yummy in some countries were featured on an episode of "fear factor". The contestants had to eat it and NOT puke it back up.

Thinking back, some of the other grossest food that I have eaten was from the USS Elrod's chow line.

Back