What's the worst thing(s) you've seen at work?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
This topic is probably so silly, but I really need to vent...

Got a gal here in the office that hates life, hates everyone, including her husband, yet plays nice in the sandbox when it's convenient to her...the things she gets away with are unreal. I'm talking about tons of time out of the office and she somehow earns OT, never uses annual or sick leave...basically lies on her timesheet, BIG lies, every single month...she curses like a sailor to everyone, fights with her husband on the phone for hours on end like a kid in high school...she once told our boss that he was a (I'll be delicate here) "fuggin' [deragatory word for the female anatomy beginning with a "p"]" and walked away...we all witnessed it, but he did nothing...she never shows up on time, and always leaves early; takes hours in the middle of the day to go have her hair done or spend time with her sister...

She's making everyone here completely miserable, and the fact that our boss won't rectify the situation just makes everything even worse...

Good news is that I got word through the grapevine yesterday that, and I quote, "she seems to have a particular problem with Michelle more than anyone else"...ordinarily, this might make someone mad, but not me...it's funny as hell because I know all of my snide comments in her presence are being understood...I don't put up with her sh*t, so she avoids me most of the time.

Hard part is watching so many of my good friends fall to mental breakdowns...it's a sad thing to watch someone's mind go...and many of my co-workers are looking for work elsewhere. I hate to see them go because we've got such a good team here...

Anywhooo...what's the worst thing you've witnessed while on the job...something that just made your jaw drop...? I need someone to show me that my little gov't job isn't the worst...there's always something worse out there...

Rise above VA, Best way to get even is to live well, smile and joke, talk about how good things are going. Talk about riding and freedom and all the fun you have been having. It's like throwing gasoline on their flames of discontent...Let em be pathetic miserable go nowheres...It melts them like butter on a skillet...

The worst thing I have ever seen at work? In the military saw some things that are truly bad, and I had to take photo's. Suicides stateside, after action elsewhere. Really BAD things...

Just be a little ray of sunshine and watch it scatter the darkness... ;)

#1:

...she once told our boss that he was a (I'll be delicate here) "fuggin' [deragatory word for the female anatomy beginning with a "p"]" and walked away...we all witnessed it, but he did nothing...

#2:

Anywhooo...what's the worst thing you've witnessed while on the job...something that just made your jaw drop...?  I need someone to show me that my little gov't job isn't the worst...there's always something worse out there...
On count #1, sounds like she was right. ;)

On count #2, I'll never tell... :laugh:

Yeah Rev...thanks for giving me perspective...how quickly I forget about what our military sees and puts up with...I just got word that my brother-in-law is being shipped out, but no details on where he's going or if he's gone yet...his missions are very secretive, but he has lots of stories when he returns, and he's seen some very bad things...things I couldn't imagine...

I just needed to vent...I'm fairing okay with the situation I guess; more mired down with how all of my great co-workers are falling by the wayside and talking about leaving...sometimes I think "this can only go on in a gov't job", but I'm sure I'm wrong...

Chris - you have no idea how right you are on #1! But, I didn't say it! :D

Hey VA only one thing comes to mind a song !!

AC/DC   ........   Dirty Deeds

If you got a lady and you want her gone
But you ain't got the guts
She keeps naggin' at you night and day
Enough to drive you nuts - :cussing:
Pick up the phone
Leave her alone
It's time you made a stand
For a fee
I'm happy to be
Your back door man

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Dirty Deeds and they're Done Dirt Cheap

Concrete shoes, cyanide, TNT
Done Dirt Cheap
Neckties, contracts, high voltage
Done Dirt Cheap

:devil:

While working on the Rifle Range I saw someone basically go spastic and let a loose round off into a group of Marines. That was NOT a fun time. Found out afterwards that he was epiletic (sp?) and lied on his entry exams. Not sure of what happened to him. Luckily no-one died, just a lot of tissue damage. That was the only time I was happy that we use the little M-16.

Sounds like that girl has some dirt on your boss, or he wants to get "Dirty" with her :super:

============================================

I play with unseen energy forces everyday..

I have smelt burnt flesh, seen burn flesh, seen cut off body parts, and had to find them.
I have watched people get caught up in HighVoltage gear, it ain't purdy..and smells worse :sad:

Seen people cutoff their own fingers, & shoot themselves with nailguns all because they improperly bypassed ("jammed") the devices safety guards to speed them up :eek:

All from others I work around on Job-sites, I am an Electrical Foreman.

Sounds like that girl has some dirt on your boss, or he wants to get "Dirty" with her :super:

============================================

I play with unseen energy forces everyday..

I have smelt burnt flesh, seen burn flesh, seen cut off body parts, and had to find them.
I have watched people get caught up in HighVoltage gear, it ain't purdy..and smells worse :sad:

Seen people cutoff their own fingers, & shoot themselves with nailguns all because they improperly bypassed ("jammed") the devices safety guards to speed them up :eek:

All from others I work around on Job-sites, I am an Electrical Foreman.
She's using that threat, yes...you're right...sexual harassment no less...but she's just running her mouth...there isn't a person in this building that hasn't seen the things she does and says to instigate "attention" for herself...

Boss is scared I think...it's just a mess right now...

...hopeless situation...

Sounds just like this girl at my girlfriends office, they are too scared of a lawsuit to fire her. Shows up late, leaves early, doesn't do a damn thing all day, is rude to everyone and thinks her poop smells like roses. But she is getting what she deserves now though, she is living out of her car and has filed bankruptcy. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person :)

Sorry, I don't work with anyone that is that big of a pain, but I do see stupid things from time to time.

Here is a pic of the idiots across the street from my shop. The guy on the roof jumps across the gap to the lift to get more roofing supplies and then jumps back onto the roof. Not too big of a deal, until you look at how the lift is being supported.

OSHA violation anyone?:super:?? :withstupid:

Safety.jpg

As bad as this is to say (being the nice, kind person that I am :) ), I hope I'm around to see her fall on her face...hell, I hope I'm around to open the door for her when she does! :D

Since when is it okay to do whatever you want and get away with it? Rhetorical question...

Holy cow! That guy's nuts! Very trusting of that fork lift, isn't he?

That's a Darwin Award waiting to happen! :tounge:

One time I walked into my bosses office (he was outta town) to put some things on his desk and one of the mailroom chicks was blowing the UPS guy.

:super:

I was like, "uh, sorry."  Then I quickly ran out.  It was kinda weird anytime I ran into her from then on.

One time I walked into my bosses office (he was outta town) to put some things on his desk and one of the mailroom chicks was blowing the UPS guy.

:super:

I was like, "uh, sorry."  Then I quickly ran out.  It was kinda weird anytime I ran into her from then on.
Gives new meaning to "delivering a package" don't it?  :laugh:

Back