What's the best tire kit for a flat tire...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Had a scare on the road about a month ago, had a small bent nail in my tire. Luckily it was barely stuck in the tire (have checked it since) and another rider had a tire kit just in case. But this made me think what if it was all the way through and someone didn't have a kit or if I had been riding solo.

Is there a "best" tire kit that will fit on the Busa? Where can I purchase?

I carry a plug kit just so I can make it home. One plug some tire glue and the insertion tool. It fits in the hump.

I got a flat doing a 100, really big hole...
smile.gif

Used the tireplug kit and it worked great. The bike had a bubble from where the repair was done and bounced all the way home, but made it no problem...

Cool, I have a Cycle Gear about 10 miles away.

I saw they had 4 diff. versions with different CO2 canisters but they are measured in grams not psi - is the MONSTER version what I'm going to need for a 190 rear?
http://www.cyclegear.com/dept.cfm

Thanks.

The Tire Plugger Kit and some compressed CO2 are always in the tank bag on long trips

Super Walmart sells BELL plug kits in the motorcycle department.  They also sell the CO2 inflators and extra canisters but imo those are a waste of space and money.

Buy one of the cheap $15 air compressors.  Take the big ass plastic housing off and throw it away, the compressor itself is tiny.

Here's my compressor which never runs out of air vs. a CO2 inflator.  The compressor is smaller and that's not even including all those extra canisters you have to carry along with it.

comp.jpg

Excellent idea Turbo-Torch. I was about to spend $40 for a C02 system I was not happy about due to the limited amount of air.
Nick

I use a slime compressor from Auto Zone and Victor plug kit from wally world. Less than $50 for everything. It all fits under the seat with all the other stuff I have in ther too, so it should fit in the hump.

$2.50 plug kit, Bike hand pump. Fits in the bottom tray on the right side, by my mini mag lite, extra bulbs, Painters drop cloth (plastic) 4 rain/dew cover.
argue.gif

Back