Flat tire!!!!!!!!!!!

money mike

Registered
Hey guys:banghead:
I have a very slow leak on my rear tire. a small(pinhead sized) rock is in the thick part of my tread. and is leaking about a spit bubble per second(very slow). I don't really have the money to replace the tire and it still has about 3/4 of the tread still on it.:banghead::banghead: The shop in my area that does patches has a monopoly and charges $100 to fix it.:banghead::banghead:
Is there any type of fix-a-flat or something that i can put in there to fix this issue:please:
Thanks alot guys, as always i am gratefull i found this forum!!!

You can go to walmart or a local auto store and buy a tire plug kit that comes with everything you need for around 20-30. I wouldn't recommend riding on the plug for two long but my roommate did it and had no problems for a solid year until he needed to replace the tire. Good luck.

You can patch it but there is only 1 good type of patch, and the recommendation is to keep the speed down if patched.

http://www.dunloptires.com/care/repair.html

Tire Repair.jpg

Hey guys:banghead:
I have a very slow leak on my rear tire. a small(pinhead sized) rock is in the thick part of my tread. and is leaking about a spit bubble per second(very slow). I don't really have the money to replace the tire and it still has about 3/4 of the tread still on it.:banghead::banghead: The shop in my area that does patches has a monopoly and charges $100 to fix it.:banghead::banghead:
Is there any type of fix-a-flat or something that i can put in there to fix this issue:please:
Thanks alot guys, as always i am gratefull i found this forum!!!

Plug it and take it easy until you can get a new tire...

Ironic ... your login and not having $ to replace the tire. :poke:

If it's got about 3/4 tread it's probably more than just a little rock in there. Plugging it is probably the quickest and easiest but you shouldn't ride it the way you want to. Patching it is probably better, but of course is more involved with unmounting and all, and you'll need to a mushroom patch or something to seal the hole so moisture doesn't get in there.

I have an Avon Storm 190/50/17 with 500 miles or so left on it. Yours for shipping if you want it. DEMMYM's might be newer since he took his off to go wide.

Fix-a-flat can throw off your balance and give you a shaky ride.

Also the next person to change your tire will probably hate you for it.

these guys go on long long rides on all kinds of bikes. they are kinda rude but they know their stuff. their welder is really good and fair on price. he did a "custom" exhaust on my gs500. they may do patches. hell they may be the monopoly ur talking about.

E-Z Rider Motorcycle Parts
8422 Dyer St
El Paso, TX
1 (915) 755-8179

ktb has the best costomer service I've seen. I wish they worked @ any of the dealers here. I know they work both on-road and off-road bikes. just not to sure if they can handle or would recomend a tire repair

KTB Racing
4541 N Mesa St
El Paso, TX
1 (915) 307-3242

either way good luck. the way I see it. there arnt many technical roads here(EPT). a repair will hold u over until the temps pick back up. for the summer u really should replace it.... oh I forgot one tiny detail about KTB. they don't speak much english

I know tiny detail
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I had almost exact same leak from a small metal staple, i used approx 4 to 6 oz. Of "victor liquid tire repair". I put the bike on the rear stand and injected the liquid then rolled the tire to distribute the liquid evenly. I only had a 1k miles on the tire at that time, i now have 2.8k and does not leak at all, and no problems with balance. :beerchug:

Back