Flat tire!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an Avon Storm 190/50/17 with 500 miles or so left on it. Yours for shipping if you want it. DEMMYM's might be newer since he took his off to go wide.

The one I have is probably not even that good, I traded the one I pulled off to go wide, The one I have now is the one I pulled off when I went to the Avon. Might not even be worth the price of shipping. But it is a spare. Anyone needing a spare is more than welcome to it. Local Boys let me know and I will bring it to work and you can pick it up in Tulsa.

heck I ran a vulcanized rubber rope plug for at least 1000 miles of pretty fun riding.. (UncleSteve was there :) ) never had a problem with it... never even gave it a second thought... fix it and ride the thing... (make sure to trim the plug flush with tire please)

DSCN3892.JPG

Last edited:
I patched (not plugged) a fairly new tire,......rode it for 1500 hard miles. Like Mr. Bogus,.....I never gave it a second thought. When I replaced the tire,.....I checked the patch,.....and it appeared as secure as the day I installed it. Using the correct procedures and the correct products makes for a secure repair. Maintaining proper inflation and regular checks for cuts, abrasions, etc ,..........will give you long tire life,......and insure you keep YOUR life. Good luck with your repair!! :beerchug:

If you can't afford to fix it right leave it sit until you can, it will still be there when you get the money. I will not repair radial tires in my shop no matter what the customer says. I will help him out with a used tire if I have one or however else I can. I am sure you can find a decent used tire from somebody on here Make A Post.

That air compersor for motorcycles seems like a good thing just to have around. does it run off of the battery or something else?

I've used fix-a-flat on past small injuries but never ride hard until the tire is replaced. Never had an issue, that doesn't mean you won't. Good luck.

I got a chance to go to EZ Rider the other day..
they charge 3bucks for the patch...40bucks to unmount/remount the tire

I would do it if the tire had good life left in it!
Posted via Mobile Device

all my friends say i am crazy, but I will not ride on a patched or pluged tire, now my friends all do it on plugs, they have never had a problem. they all ride hard even with 2 or 3 plugs in there tires.

my tire has a patch, and I have been riding it for 2 years without any problem.

I never go to the track though...ha ha

Back