What's the best set-up for portable tire changing

The Busa will require a longer balancing rod do to the wider with of the rear rim.
That rod is 16" long... How wide is a busa wheel from bearing to bearing? I can't imagine a 16" rod not being enough, but I've been wrong before.
wink.gif

I personally talk via email to a guy a few mths ago was that was selling a static balancer that lQQks exactly like the one being shown above and was informed that a long rod will be needed for the Busa.

Yep!  Mine dont have any thumb screws. The rod on my setup screws directly into the modified cones I use and creates a compression fit to lock the rim in place.
super.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130008978 -->

justintime2
"What's your story?"

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:5.88

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for all the info guys, I appreciate all the help! [/QUOTE]

Anytime Pimp Dawg !

rock.gif
Dont know, just giv'n the brutha some heads up.
Yeah, good lookin' out. I just ordered the one from ebay. I'll post up a review after I use it.
wink.gif

If someone can get me the bearing to bearing width of a busa rear wheel I'll also figure out whether it will work with the standard 16" rod. If someone can give me the inside diameter of the bearing caps I can also let you know whether the standard cones will work on them.
wink.gif

wink.gif

My homemade center rod has a total of 6" lenght but  when screw downand and locked going through the inside of the rear rim its has a total length of 5" with a  total length of 18" with both connecting end rods givring me plently of room to  spin when mounted onto my jackstand.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130010450 -->

The fabrication of this tool is very elementary and your going to $h!t when you actually see it and wonder why you didnt build your own, like I did.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130010798 -->

rock.gif
Dont know, just giv'n the brutha some heads up.
Yeah, good lookin' out. I just ordered the one from ebay. I'll post up a review after I use it.
wink.gif

If someone can get me the bearing to bearing width of a busa rear wheel I'll also figure out whether it will work with the standard 16" rod. If someone can give me the inside diameter of the bearing caps I can also let you know whether the standard cones will work on them.
wink.gif
Am I missing something obvious here?
rock.gif
Why is there even the slightest doubt as to a 16" rod not working? The Busa's whole swingarm is less than 14" wide. From sprocket to brake disc is a whopping 8".

The cones that come standard in that kit are almost as wide as the castle nut that secures the shaft.

As far as other bikes go, here's a quote off the auction:

<span style='color:red'>Note: Ducati 9xx and Triumph sport models work best with two big cones on the rear. Honda VFR & Hawk models, and BMW models G/R/S and K use one big cone and one regular on the rear. All the fronts use two small cones. </span>

And BT, since you can't get into your ebay account did you check to see if you weren't selling any '05 Busa's with 900 miles for the incredible price of $3200?
smile.gif

wink.gif

rock.gif

idea.gif

Not doubting it, I wont comment neg or pos on a product I have no knowledge of, even though it appears to similar the one I posted.

Am I missing something obvious here?
rock.gif
Why is there even the slightest doubt as to a 16" rod not working? The Busa's whole swingarm is less than 14" wide. From sprocket to brake disc is a whopping 8".

The cones that come standard in that kit are almost as wide as the castle nut that secures the shaft.

As far as other bikes go, here's a quote off the auction:

<span style='color:red'>Note: Ducati 9xx and Triumph sport models work best with two big cones on the rear. Honda VFR & Hawk models, and BMW models G/R/S and K use one big cone and one regular on the rear. All the fronts use two small cones. </span>

And BT, since you can't get into your ebay account did you check to see if you weren't selling any '05 Busa's with 900 miles for the incredible price of $3200?
smile.gif
I couldn't understand why a 16" rod wouldn't work either.
wink.gif
I don't think brother Rhythm looked at the length of the one on ebay. It does look very similar to the one he had inquired about so he probably just thought they'd both require a longer rod for the busa. No harm, no foul.
wink.gif

As for the ebay crap, I could sign in and get to my account but when I tried to purchase anything it requested my sign in again and then wouldn't take it... and that's AFTER I was signed in. I figured out my problem. I had AGV virus protection on my computer. It updated this morning and required a reboot. Since the reboot my box has done a couple odd things like that. I uninstalled the AGV software and all is good. Now I need to find another free anti-virus program that isn't going to jam up my PC...

And yes, I most definitely made sure I wasn't sellin' anything as soon as I got signed in!
laugh.gif
I fully expected to find something for sale under my name.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

I couldn't understand why a 16" rod wouldn't work either. I don't think brother Rhythm looked at the length of the one on ebay. It does look very similar to the one he had inquired about so he probably just thought they'd both require a longer rod for the busa. No harm, no foul. [/QUOTE]

Exactly, thanks Pimpn !

I couldn't understand why a 16" rod wouldn't work either. I don't think brother Rhythm looked at the length of the one on ebay. It does look very similar to the one he had inquired about so he probably just thought they'd both require a longer rod for the busa. No harm, no foul.

Exactly, thanks Pimpn ![/QUOTE]
beerchug.gif

Alright I ordered the tire changer with the motorcycle attachment from HF. I am still waiting on a Q to the ebay guy about what bearings he uses for his. I am also waiting on a response from the guy listed in my first post for the wheel balancer set-up for $180. I will make up my mind on the balancer when I hear back, although I am not giving the guy not responding to much longer before he is out and the cost of the ebay one does seem appealing.
smile.gif

Rythm,
You have some great ideas on your home deal but I am after precsion and am very particular about the results. I dont need anthing else keeping me up at night wondering. Did I turn the oven off? did I water the plant? did I feed the bird? did I balance my wheels perfectly?
laugh.gif

No sweat, Chief.  Like said earlier in this thread I  had my tires checked only to find  the front tire was off by .5 oz.  Have your next set of tires checked for accuracy by a certified shop with a digital balancer to verify how accurate your static balancer is. To do this you must purchase the tires from them of course but this will let you know accurate you kit is and will hopefully help with your sleepless nights .  
tounge.gif

Back