What's the best set-up for portable tire changing

If I don't get shake from them at speed I'm fine with 'em...
wink.gif

I only get frontend shakes at 170 mph when balancing with my homemade static balancer.

I only get frontend shakes at 170 mph when balancing with my homemade static balancer.
My black 10 was smooth to 172 on both ends with my static balance. Never saw a single dynamic balancer at the AMA races at Barber. Various static balancers on every work table there though.
wink.gif
Good enough for them, good enough for me...
biggrin.gif

Watch what you say, Train ,we got some thin skinned beyootches here who swear you have to spend big $$$$$$$$$$$ on a balancer .
laugh.gif

BulletTrain
Team Green

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:13.94
Location: About to pass you on the inside... Posted: Oct. 22 2005,15:38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Rhythm @ Oct. 22 2005,18:34)
Watch what you say, Train ,we got some thin skinned beyootches here who swear you have to spend big $$$$$$$$$$$ on a balancer .

Sucks to be them, huh? [/QUOTE]

You know it !

So I decided to go with the ebay one because the other guy can't seem to return an email and the ebay one was cheaper anyway. His set-up comes with ABEC #1 bearings but he offered to upgrade it to ABEC #5 bearings for me at no additional charge as that was also a deciding factor for me on the purchase. The ABEC #5 bearing is much more sensitive and can get the balancing even closer to perfect, down to about 1 gram. I think that will do it. Again thanks for all the info and BT I will probably be PM'in ya for a how to on the HF tire changer set-up.
biggrin.gif

So I decided to go with the ebay one because the other guy can't seem to return an email and the ebay one was cheaper anyway. His set-up comes with ABEC #1 bearings but he offered to upgrade it to ABEC #5 bearings for me at no additional charge as that was also a deciding factor for me on the purchase. The ABEC #5 bearing is much more sensitive and can get the balancing even closer to perfect, down to about 1 gram. I think that will do it. Again thanks for all the info and BT I will probably be PM'in ya for a how to on the HF tire changer set-up.
biggrin.gif
Hit me up anytime man. I'll be happy to pass on what I recieved from others as far as how to use the HF changer.
beerchug.gif

BulletTrain
Team Green

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:13.97
Location: About to pass you on the inside... Posted: Oct. 23 2005,18:58

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (justintime2 @ Oct. 23 2005,20:58)

Hit me up anytime man. I'll be happy to pass on what I recieved from others as far as how to use the HF changer. [/QUOTE]

I taught'em everything he knows about bikes.
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Back