Whats the best procedure to install rear ss brake line?

crankinaway

Registered
Never swapped the line on a bike before how should I go about doing it without getting brake fluid all over the place or on my paint/swingarm?

Get with a friend or person who has done it properly.
It really should be done to the "T" as it is easy to screw up in regards to mess, proper torque of bolts, and bleeding.
A vaccume bleeder or pump is the route I go, and my trusty partner(wife) to oversee the pumping. She also helps with the brakes. :laugh:

Seriously, if you have never done it I would get assistance the first time.

only tricky part is filling your rear master... its hidden under the tail, you gotta remove the tail first. I just did mine yesterday. make sure you cover everything in case you are clumsy, fluid is corrosive and will do lots of damage if on the wrong surface. have someone assist you, though i did mine myself. I have a mitivac and that helped. youtube is great help

I have a mitivac and that helped. youtube is great help

Inexpensive and handy. Have them in stock if you need one.

:easy:
Buy Now: Motorcycle Bike Tools | Pashnit Moto

MityVac_BrakeBleeder_160.jpg

MityVac_BrakeBleeder_160.jpg

No problem with the body work cause everything is in the shop getting an all white paint job. I got all the tools for the job to get done no problem I am just wondering if there are any tricks that might make it easier.

Tool that Pashnit has is a must and works great on all hydraulic type systems with bleeders. Just changed all my lines to steel braided. Only thing I had to watch was they sent me the wrong banjo bolts for rear brake caliper and clutch slave cylinder. Wrong thread on both. I just reused the stock bolts. I would totally flush and replace with new fluid vice just adding and bleeding. My fluid only had 1800 miles and it was nasty. Good luck.:beerchug:

Back