Issue with the Galifer SS Brake lines in stall.

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey All:

I started to up grading the front brakes lines on the 08 busa. I got a set of Galfer SS Brake Lines. Well, what should of taken an hour to do, didn't! I have done many brake line upgrades (Hel Lines, Goodrich, etc.) before with few issues, but this just has to be a fluke! (First set of Galfer's!) I remove the stock lines...no problem. I now install the SS lines with there copper washers etc. Tighten everything up to spec. Bleed the system. Both calipers are leaking fluid from the supplied copper washers. I tighten a little more. Bleed again. Still LEAKING! So, I remove the copper washers and install the factory suzuki brake line washers (Silver). Re-bleed the system. Looking good there. Now I have bleeder leaking.... WTF! I have tightened it down snug, but not trying to strip the bleeder. I found this problem after zip-tying the brake lever for 2 hours as instructed in the instructions. I ll re-chase this problem tommorrow. Its late and time for some ZZZZZZZ! Anyone else have this problem with the washers or a bleeder. I am going to go recheck the bleeder when I get home from work. After I re-zip-tye the brake lever for an hour or so!

No, installed mine around this time last year, went without a hitch.

I believe 16.5 ft. pds. was the setting but I had to go a little beyond that. Use new washers everytime you swap them out.

r8

no issues here and i've had them on for almost a year, hope you can get yours fixed :beerchug:

Do I understand correctly, you used your old crush washers instead of the new ones that came with your Galfer kit?

Swap your bleeders and see if the leak follows your bleeder or if it's a flaw or possibly foriegn material under the bleeder seat?

The first leaks came from the copper new supplied washers from the SS line kit. They were new and wouldnt seal. I re-installed the old silver ones and that fixed the 2 caliper line leaks that I was fighting. Thoughs are now fixed. I now have a bleeder messing with me..... I will fix this when I get home. I just never had such an issue with installing a SS brake line kit like this!!! Again, the reason why I said I hope this is a fluke!

mine went on "ok" but the chrome screws they supplied didnt fit my bike at all, so i had 2 reuse my stock green ones. once i saw those worked, i just sanded the bolt heads, polished it, and shot it with clear coat.

Back