SS brake Line install Question.

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so i just got my SS Glafer lines from melissa at cycle brakes great service. Now my question is i dont have a front stnad i usualy borrow a friends . Should the bie be on stands when the install is done and what is the bleed procedure on the front lines now that there will be the 2 seprate lines etc Any Tips would be greatly appreciated.

i know that much mike lol. i heard that suspension was supposed o be fully extended or something and by having on stands would fully extend forks . Any truth to this? Im also dong the rear and Clutch line as well.

If 1 line is longer than the other it goes on the left caliper.The reason for the forks to be extended is to make sure the lines aren't too short when under hard excel or front wheel off the ground.

No difference with bleeding the lines and a stand is not required.

Get a Mighty Vac.....nothing over about 15 lbs of vacuum, actually I think they recommend #5......swap lines, watch for drippies, and fill the resevoir while pulling the fresh fluid. Check for leaks, yada, yada, yada.....
super.gif

A general caution, don't get any brake fluid on any paint. Stuff makes a pretty fair paint remover.
Your gonna love those braided lines, no more "wooden" brakes. Stick in a set of EBC HH pads and you'll be doing 2 finger stoppies.
ThumbsUp.gif

What is the routing for the left side caliper with the dual line from master setup? Does it use the clip on fender to retain it? Anybody got pics?
cool.gif

as said earlier, watch the brake fluid around the bike,it does a job on chrome and paint..

I just pump the lever,keep it depressed,open the bleed valve,let air out and repeat,will have to add some fluid and top off once they are firm.. do same way for clutch and rear brake also
beerchug.gif

Just a caution - when I got my galfer lines from cycle brakes, the clutch cup assy bolt(on engine case)had the wrong threads and I bitched my clutch cup assy. Compare the threads of the new bolt with the old one. If the new one is wrong, just use the old bolt to get you going. Cycle brakes sent the correct bolt quickly no charge, but who wants to wait while there is riding to be done.

Back