whats it take¿ ¿

What's the TOP SPEED with the 8.50 @ 160mph 1/4-mile gearing setup?

Just curious but what kind of mileage does it get on a tank of gas?  And does it run on 93 pump or does it require a race fuel blend or some other kind of mix?  

Does it even have a stereo because I don't see any A/C?
tounge.gif

So I am guessing you call this a street car! j/k
biggrin.gif
It goes thru the traps in 5th gear at like 5500rpm's, so there's not much more top end w/ the gears in it.
Now if I put in the stock 3:08 gears back in, who knows......I'm sure it would easily eclipse 200 w/ the power it has.
It gets like 4-8mpg, depending on how its driven.
It has a stereo, w/ cd player, and 4 speakers.
It doesn't have AC, but who cares about that
laugh.gif

It runs on a mixture of gas.  On full race fuel, it has seen 33lbs of boost, but on the mix it see's 25lbs for the street, which is just over 1300rwhp/1250lbft.
Now, isnt a street car something thats driven on the streets?
rock.gif
 It has full registration, and insurance, and it is street legal!!
You should come to Orlando for the World Street Finals..  Biggest street legal car event in the country.

8.40's will be about the cutoff to make the field of 16...
Yea...I have a couple friends that do that race......mine's a little too slow for that one........My friend Mark Dantoni should win again

That is a sweet car. If car envy was like penuhs envy..you be John Holmes!
sad.gif

biggrin.gif

I drive a super fast 1995 cavalier, top speed 95 MPH (wife gets the new car). ehehe.
I do like that fact that bikes are so fast for the money and usually extremely reliable...mine is an '05 ninja 636, so no top speed monster, but then again the cavalier ;)~~

If you watch all the modded car vs. busa videos, they are all from a roll. No one will race it from a dig. I was trying to get a Viper to race me last week but he wouldn't do it. Pansy....
biggrin.gif
But about the mustang... That is an awesome car. But you built it right. Not many people have the knowledge to build a car like that. So congrats to you. You are in the 1% of cars on the street. Back when I had my twin turbo RX-7 I was the king of the town I lived in. Nothing could touch me (bikes excluded) and I only ran high 12's. There were drag cars that could beat me but as far as who was actually out with their cars at night, I was the guy to beat. It takes a lot of power to beat a bike. I mean yeah that mustang would stomp my 'busa in the 1/4. But I don't mind that. It has over a thousand horsepower.  
thumbs-up.gif
But generally speaking, it takes a ton of power in a super car to hang with a 'busa.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Wolfman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144372456 -->

biggrin.gif

If you watch all the modded car vs. busa videos, they are all from a roll. No one will race it from a dig. I was trying to get a Viper to race me last week but he wouldn't do it. Pansy....
biggrin.gif
But about the mustang... That is an awesome car. But you built it right. Not many people have the knowledge to build a car like that. So congrats to you. You are in the 1% of cars on the street. Back when I had my twin turbo RX-7 I was the king of the town I lived in. Nothing could touch me (bikes excluded) and I only ran high 12's. There were drag cars that could beat me but as far as who was actually out with their cars at night, I was the guy to beat. It takes a lot of power to beat a bike. I mean yeah that mustang would stomp my 'busa in the 1/4. But I don't mind that. It has over a thousand horsepower.  
thumbs-up.gif
But generally speaking, it takes a ton of power in a super car to hang with a 'busa.
biggrin.gif
I have recently sold that stang because I was seriously hurt at work and needed back surgery, and needed the $$$$.
BUT, for your info.....I raced plenty of busa's....turbo, nos and NA......and not 1 could hang w/ me from a 40 mph roll. At first they would hang, but as my boost built, I would EASILY pull from them........and I mean pull car lengths w/ no prob.
The most powerful busa I ran was around 360rwhp, so I'm positive there were faster ones out there.....or course.

biggrin.gif

(fstbusa @ Feb. 15 2005,16:47) yeah nick matina made a video this last summer in california.  pitted a almost 900 rwhp supercharged viper against a stock busa.

they were about equal till about 160-170 and then the car would start to pull away.  

then again against a piped,power commander bike and the bike pulled a few car lengths and stayed there.

then against nicks big bore busa with N20.... lets just say the car looked as though he may have not begun to accerlate.
laugh.gif
I got that video . And that car was bad ass. but it could do it and they were going from a 40mph roll on

Back