whats it take¿ ¿

It'll run 8's and lift the wheels, but I bet it can't hang with a trash truck on an on-ramp!  
laugh.gif

Joking with Ya... I'm a Mustang guy myself, and would have to say you are a one-in ten million threat on the street.  I pass zillions of cars here in Cali, and have yet to see a 9 second car on the road.  A solid 10 second car is rare enough, and they can't hold top speed for long, and definately don't idle, handle or stop anywhere near as well as a $5000 bike.
I agree....mine's set up for the strip w/ the suspension, and its true.....I gotta baby it around corners. It is VERY tame, though. its got a fairly mild turbo cam in it, so its not bad on the street. it NEVER overheats....hell, it never creeps past 200deg. I will beat alot on a straight, but thats it.
But we are comparing apples to oranges.
Now, if I changed the gears, and put a nice Griggs or hi end suspension on it, it will be a different story, but then again, it will raise the build price considerably!!
Also, I agree that you dont see super fast cars on the street, but it doesn't mean they arent there.....its just no one knows how to build a reliable "super car" on a budget. Mine could be driven daily, but I'm sure stuff would start breaking sooner or later....plus, the seats are uncomfortable as F**K!!

Plus, to pull the fronts on the street, it must have acres of rubber under the rear of it!

Probably makes it a little hard to pass off as a six banger to get someone to run ya!
biggrin.gif

What's the TOP SPEED with the 8.50 @ 160mph 1/4-mile gearing setup?

Just curious but what kind of mileage does it get on a tank of gas?  And does it run on 93 pump or does it require a race fuel blend or some other kind of mix?  

Does it even have a stereo because I don't see any A/C?
tounge.gif

So I am guessing you call this a street car! j/k
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127753818 -->

Just curious but what kind of mileage does it get on a tank of gas?  And does it run on 93 pump or does it require a race fuel blend or some other kind of mix?  

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
It goes thru the traps in 5th gear at like 5500rpm's, so there's not much more top end w/ the gears in it.
Now if I put in the stock 3:08 gears back in, who knows......I'm sure it would easily eclipse 200 w/ the power it has.
It gets like 4-8mpg, depending on how its driven.
It has a stereo, w/ cd player, and 4 speakers.
It doesn't have AC, but who cares about that
laugh.gif

It runs on a mixture of gas. On full race fuel, it has seen 33lbs of boost, but on the mix it see's 25lbs for the street, which is just over 1300rwhp/1250lbft.
Now, isnt a street car something thats driven on the streets?
rock.gif
It has full registration, and insurance, and it is street legal!!

rock.gif
It all depends what your definition of a street car is.  In some peoples eyes, your car isn't one and in others, it is.  

Some people will say, well your car will beat a stock BUSA in the 1/4-mile but a BUSA will outrun you topend.  Which is better, quickness or TOP SPEED?

There are a million different scenarios, what makes one better, faster, quicker, etc.. than the other!?!?

I'm just saying it's Apples -vs- Oranges.  Your car is built for the 1/4-mile so would you race a BUSA in a 1-mile race or even around a road course?  What about taking it on a 8-hour trip?  

Does the BUSA win because it's more versatile or does the car because it's a drag queen?  

Just curious what others think!  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127784905 -->

Whoa, Whoa man!! This thread started out with a definite car vs bike question.....

Cut smoke some slack!!

Buddy, that car is badazz. Yea, I am quite certain that it can pull a Busa!

And you are 100% correct....THAT is a STREET car. Got plates, got lights, got horn.....it's legal.

And it's a car.

Most of us true enthusiasts would love to have a ride like that in our garage.

Good for you man, I'll bet it is a total kick in the azz to drive!

to be honest, I dont care about all the "its not a street car" talk. its driven ALOT on the street. Get this.......Its DRIVEN to the track, over 1 hour away. Then I destroy ALL the trailered "race cars", and I put air back in the tires and drive it home, music blasting.....if thats not a street car....I dunno what is.
Oh, and some of the races I'm in, there is a mandatory 30 mile cruise(some stop and go) b4 the race, and it never breaks down or overheats, b/c if it does, you cant race. Even when you get back to the track, you arent allowed to open the hood for adjustments.....just run it!!!!
Tell ya what.....I'm trying to work something out w/ "FULLTILT" about the next"king of the streets" dvd, so you'll be able to see it in action......w/ the right gearing for top end
devil.gif

And you are 100% correct....THAT is a STREET car.  Got plates, got lights, got horn.....it's legal.
It all depends where you live.  I know in ceratin locations, it must pass emissions so is it still streetable?  Maybe in your county but not everyones.  
blush.gif

Don't get me wrong the car is sweet, I am just pointing out that everyone has an opinion. No harm, no foul, just putting a little gas on the fire. Yes, your car is cool and could beat a stock BUSA in the 1/4-mile!
wink.gif

Now lets see that kings of street 2 video...

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127843349 -->

And you are 100% correct....THAT is a STREET car.  Got plates, got lights, got horn.....it's legal.
It all depends where you live.  I know in ceratin locations, it must pass emissions so is it still streetable?  Maybe in your county but not everyones.  
blush.gif

Don't get me wrong the car is sweet, I am just pointing out that everyone has an opinion. No harm, no foul, just putting a little gas on the fire. Yes, your car is cool and could beat a stock BUSA in the 1/4-mile!
wink.gif

to be honest its exempt from emissions b/c I drive it less than 5000 miles a year!!!
also, I cant wait for the next king of the streets

blush.gif

wink.gif

to be honest its exempt from emissions b/c I drive it less than 5000 miles a year!!!
Damn....I wish my county was like that. I would of had a 9-second Cobra years ago!

Nice car! I can't wait to see it in a vid....

blush.gif

wink.gif

Damn....I wish my county was like that.  I would of had a 9-second Cobra years ago!

Nice car!  I can't wait to see it in a vid....
i HAVE ALOT OF VID FROM THE ROLLCAGE CAMERA, AND FROM THE STRIP AND STREET RACING, BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST IT?
rock.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
It goes thru the traps in 5th gear at like 5500rpm's, so there's not much more top end w/ the gears in it.
Now if I put in the stock 3:08 gears back in, who knows......I'm sure it would easily eclipse 200 w/ the power it has.
It gets like 4-8mpg, depending on how its driven.
It has a stereo, w/ cd player, and 4 speakers.
It doesn't have AC, but who cares about that
laugh.gif

It runs on a mixture of gas.  On full race fuel, it has seen 33lbs of boost, but on the mix it see's 25lbs for the street, which is just over 1300rwhp/1250lbft.
rock.gif
You should come to Orlando for the World Street Finals.. Biggest street legal car event in the country.

8.40's will be about the cutoff to make the field of 16...

Back