whats it take¿ ¿

Lovestuds_

Registered
I have read a lot of post about racing this and racing that but the only thing i have heard that would keep up with the busa is a few good riders on R1s... is there any cars out there that push the busa? highly tuned supras, lingenfelter vetts. . .lambos ¿ just curious

you just mentioned the main ones that have a chance, along with the key words. Highly Tuned. Stock, there is nothing close.

What about the mclaren or the SALENE both do 0 to 60 in 3.2 second and are also able to do over 200 mph in about the same time

What about the mclaren or the SALENE both do 0 to 60 in 3.2 second and are also able to do over 200 mph in about the same time
Mclaren, Ford GT, and highly modded Supras, Vipers. Now compare that to a highly modded turbo Busa 0-60 in 1.8 seconds or less and well over 200+mph. Stock those cars will take a stock Busa. even stock though a Busa will do 0-60 in 2.5 sec.

so basicly it takes $100,000+ to get 4 wheel something to keep up. . . is it ever a let down that nobody keeps up? specialy having a heavy moded bike pushin 300hp you probably don't get that rush from barly pulling away from someone. but then again i'm sure that breaking 200mph has its own bundle of thrills that could never get old : )

yeah nick matina made a video this last summer in california. pitted a almost 900 rwhp supercharged viper against a stock busa.

they were about equal till about 160-170 and then the car would start to pull away.

then again against a piped,power commander bike and the bike pulled a few car lengths and stayed there.

then against nicks big bore busa with N20.... lets just say the car looked as though he may have not begun to accerlate.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108515169 -->

Fast car against Busa.
The stocker Busa is pretty fast.
You need an 800 Hp. car to do something about that.
Yes sir ....
Even than , the car has a serious problem against a Busa.

I have a MC Xpress turbo mounted on my Busa.
What the heck ... double trouble hits the bricks ....
That makes an end to all muscle cars who dare to try.
I kick there asses real hard , Hell ... i do it for free.

It needs a Formula 1 car to beat me.
These cars do not enter public roads.
Nope ...

90% of all cars are dull.
Why ? just because they where born as a dull car.
They are dull , make the driver dull too , make everything dull.
Dull ... sleepy .... tired .... lazy ..... so everyday normal .....
So ....

Law of nature :
You drive what you are , become the thing you drive.
Ohhhhh Yehhhhhhh ...

Sorry , won't say a thing anymore , bey now ... cheers

Forgot to mention the skyline from nissan
cool.gif

We are talkin apples and oranges again folks.

You don't pit cars against bikes.

(Unless there is money involved and you are driving the bike!
smile.gif

The new Z06 vette shouldn't be far behind the busa.. the normal vette is 0-60 in something like 3.8 or so.. thats not far off.. top speed of 300kmh.. we all know thats 186mph..

and the z06 is supposed to have an extra 100 HP under the hood.

it's slightly under $100,000 though.

The new Z06 vette shouldn't be far behind the busa..  the normal vette is 0-60 in something like 3.8 or so.. thats not far off.. top speed of 300kmh.. we all know thats 186mph..

and the z06 is supposed to have an extra 100 HP under the hood.

it's slightly under $100,000 though.
hehe an extra 100 hp huh,

ok so we are down to 3.6, maybe 3.4, even 3.2 if your really lucky.

Didn't someone say the stock busa is 2.5?

C-YA mista z06, come see me when you spend another $100,000 and I'll take your money again!
smile.gif

No factory stock production car can stay anywhere close to the Busa from a dead stop through the 1/4-mile. The only chance any of those cars has is TOP SPEED!
wink.gif

the only thing i have heard that would keep up with the busa is a few good riders on R1s..
I sure hate to sound like Phantom 12 in the Smack Shack here, but I have had no problem running with my buddies '05 Busa. The bikes run neck and neck, with the rider or who got the jump deciding the outcome. We both beat up on the only R1 that will show at the dragstrip (though, it's an '02). The latest and greatest liter bikes, would be tough up to 140 or so, again rider making or breaking the race.

At the local track, the only things that can hang with us are seriously modded cars. Mostly trailered in with slicks, full cages and well over 600 hp. If it's not pulling the front wheels on launch, it ain't leaving hard enough to stay out front to the end of the 1/4. And those cars are rpm limited by the short gears and aerodynamics, so a top speed contest is no contest at all.

Top end, I don't even worry. It would be pretty rare to run into a street driven car with enough hp to run down any of the top end bikes which are much more affordable, obtainable and commonplace. Even then, running into them in an environment where you could really go at it with enough room and lack of traffic and enforcement is almost non-existant.

But, just for conversation sake, I agree, the new Vette or some of these ultra rare exotics can bring big numbers that can exceed the modern big bore bikes due to engine governing or sheer aerodynamic drag.

In any case, nothing else on the planet can match the performance, drivability, reliability and affordability of a late model big bore bike.
super.gif

cars vs. bikes , will never be a fair match when stock. Although ultimately, at full modification, cars will always be faster than bikes... on street or track...

pure_ego, I raced an 05 z06 on I24 coming out of nashville, tn. We started at about 80 mph and I smoked his ass. I was surprised to see him coming back for more though. Now we were running 130mph and took off. I pulled him, but didn't just leave him miles behind. That surprised me as well. We pulled over and talked for a few minutes. He said "oh it's a hayabusa, I don't feel so bad now" As we were sitting I noticed his car idling thumping sounded mean as hell. I asked what he had done to it. He said he made 700 horsepower out of his vette. This is coming from a 60 year old man. He had bigger injectors, heads and intake worked over with a massive cam. He had mentioned a list a mile long, but I can't remember it all. He said he had 20k in performance goodies, some of that brakes and suspension. I was truly impressed. Not only at the car, but that a 60 year old man would go buy a 500 horsepower car, then spend 20k to make it right. I hope like hell I'm in a position to do that when I'm that age. He's my hero.

so basicly it takes $100,000+ to get 4 wheel something to keep up. . . is it ever a let down that nobody keeps up? specialy having a heavy moded bike pushin 300hp you probably don't get that rush from barly pulling away from someone. but then again i'm sure that breaking 200mph has its own bundle of thrills that could never get old : )

not true.
I built my stang for  under $40,000, and its got 1330rwhp now.
it destroys anything on the streets, including modded busas(some).
it runs sub 8.50's in the 1/4 all day at over 160mph.  its only limited by its gearing, but will take pretty much anything from a roll......anything.  it lifts the tires on the street, and is street driven ALOT. it even pulls 1.29 60'....not sure about the 0-60, though.
all I'm saying is there are alot of modded cars out there that will easily compete w/ busas....modded or not, that aren't really too expensively built.

<!--EDIT|smoke215
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127342425 -->

It'll run 8's and lift the wheels, but I bet it can't hang with a trash truck on an on-ramp!
laugh.gif

Joking with Ya... I'm a Mustang guy myself, and would have to say you are a one-in ten million threat on the street. I pass zillions of cars here in Cali, and have yet to see a 9 second car on the road. A solid 10 second car is rare enough, and they can't hold top speed for long, and definately don't idle, handle or stop anywhere near as well as a $5000 bike.

Back