What's for Dinner (Christmas)

We normally have our 2 kids and their families of 3 kids apiece but this year it is just the wife and I....so far...I will invite a few people to make my hard work in the kitchen worth while. The wife used to be a military cook and she was highly trained in fine cuisine and setting tables, etc....

I take control of the kitchen though which seems to suit her fine. Sometimes I even wear pants under the apron but only for special occasions.:lol:
sounds good sir. I would ask for pictures....but I know....its not your thing... :poke:

We normally have our 2 kids and their families of 3 kids apiece but this year it is just the wife and I....so far...I will invite a few people to make my hard work in the kitchen worth while. The wife used to be a military cook and she was highly trained in fine cuisine and setting tables, etc....

I take control of the kitchen though which seems to suit her fine. Sometimes I even wear pants under the apron but only for special occasions.:lol:
I missed that last part...are there also occasions you dont wear anything under the apron?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Guys,
Its gonna be a Very Vegan Christmas this year. Going on 37 years a Vegetarian and 2 years a Vegan.
Trust me, it's very interesting and flavorful.
Have a great Christmas all and an even better New Year!!!!
Jan 1 is just another year under my belt!

Sorry Guys,
Its gonna be a Very Vegan Christmas this year. Going on 37 years a Vegetarian and 2 years a Vegan.
Trust me, it's very interesting and flavorful.
Have a great Christmas all and an even better New Year!!!!
Jan 1 is just another year under my belt!
Why vegan if you dont mind me asking? Health or compassion?

BTW - I make no judgements on peoples choice of diet - this is my own personal choice.
I raised 3 children as vegetarians and always gave them the choice. They all eventually choose meat for a while but they were the ones that went vegan and I followed in Their choice, Funny how things go full circle sometimes!

I just picked up some smoked turkey thighs.(since its just the wife and I - a whole turkey would be way too much) I will make a creamy ragout with turkey thighs and peas in it. Some fresh cauliflower and probably wild rice as a side.
Thats for tonight.
Dessert will be a banana/chocolate pie/cake. @SSGT_B yes I will think about you when I catapult myself into a food coma...!!I will also make some mousse au chocolat and just smodder it on top of the pie. I have some chocolate peanutbutter ice cream in the freezer and probaly serve that with the warm pie.

We do Christmas Eve at her parents, are various finger foods, some sliced ham, a veggies tray, spicy Rotel cheese dip, etc. I made angels on horseback. I get my own icebox pie (coconut cream) so I'll be munching on that tomorrow. I'm not sure what we're having tomorrow, I'll make biscuits and gravy first thing, and I don't know what the plan is for the rest of the day....

We do Christmas Eve at her parents, are various finger foods, some sliced ham, a veggies tray, spicy Rotel cheese dip, etc. I made angels on horseback. I get my own icebox pie (coconut cream) so I'll be munching on that tomorrow. I'm not sure what we're having tomorrow, I'll make biscuits and gravy first thing, and I don't know what the plan is for the rest of the day....
You had me at gravy.....lol

Had a nice Butterball turkey, stuffing, mashed 'taters, carrots, peas, cranberry sauce (made by me), rolls, a bunch of different desserts made by the wife over the past few days (each one taste tested by me).

Doing a spiral ham, sweet potatos, mashed potatos, bacon wrapped asparagus and rolls. I just chose the ham, the boys and baby doll chose the sides. I need to get busy soon.

Even sarge got a lil prime rib. He will sit all day and look at it until you tell him it’s ok to eat

Back