What year 2nd gen should I buy and why?

You can get 2020 gen 2s so you can get a new (old) bike...there might even be a couple '18, '19 left overs laying around somewhere...

The only difference between an '08 gen 2 and a '20 gen 2 is the color scheme and addition of ABS in '13...

Lots of people do the ABS delete and if you think you might be one any '08-'12 might be good for you.

I personally like the newer gen 2 graphics...

Is a gen 3 out of the question?

My 08 is best because it's black and orange!

If you're in a hurry, I'd go Gen2. The Gen3 has some cool electronics and updated look but I'm not expecting big performance gains. Midrange, yes but the Gen2 has all kinds of power at midrange and it's looking to me like the peak power will be that same after mods.

Is a Gen2 ZX-14 out of the question?

:eek::fire:

My 08 is best because it's black and orange!

If you're in a hurry, I'd go Gen2. The Gen3 has some cool electronics and updated look but I'm not expecting big performance gains. Midrange, yes but the Gen2 has all kinds of power at midrange and it's looking to me like the peak power will be that same after mods.

Is a Gen2 ZX-14 out of the question?

:eek::fire:
....as this is a Hayabusa forum....I would hope a Kwacker ZX14R would be out of the question....

Go on an F-150 forum and tell someone to get a Ram and they'd ban you....:lol:

@mikeman

the best - in my technical view - is the gen2 with abs, so all from 2013 and later

the question for color etc. i ignore - i only react to technical questions.
If you look on this very forum, many people who have ABS on their gen 2 are often asking how to delete it....

Color is important as you have to look at the thing from time to time...

The only thing is the '13 and up bikes got the Brembo calipers.....at least they were a bit of a step up..

Nice if Suzuki would have updated the MC at the same time...I still have the stock clutch MC and it is pretty much same unit which was on my 1986 Katana....and exactly the same as what was on my 2000 Bandit.

Just like the gen 3...what's up with Suzuki cheaping out on MCs....

Yes the calipers Brembo M4 were much better than Tokico's , but in my case , I liked to change it all on my thing anyway , and even better for me no ABS . The ABS 13+ is best for most everyone else though , I got to admit ...:rolleyes:
Don't know about that brother Toad, lots of threads on here as to how to do ABS deletes....

The ABS used on the gen 2s wasn't a real great system anyway...not like the one used on the gen 3...

If you look on this very forum, many people who have ABS on their gen 2 are often asking how to delete it....
(..)

yes i know and i wonder a lot why

i constructed a 2007 abs into my ´00 and i´m so super happy with that

in real - it saved my damn ass 4 (four) times in partly absolut stupid situations

and to get rid of it one has only to "cut" its voltage by fuse etc.
then the brake works as a usual brake.
but that behavior i only want at a race track but never at normal, official roads.

yes i know and i wonder a lot why

i constructed a 2007 abs into my ´00 and i´m so super happy with that

in real - it saved my damn ass 4 (four) times in partly absolut stupid situations

and to get rid of it one has only to "cut" its voltage by fuse etc.
then the brake works as a usual brake.
but that behavior i only want at a race track but never at normal, official roads.
I've never had ABS on a bike, I ride my bike in such a manner I wouldn't need to use it...and (knock on wood) haven't had any times when I wished I had it.

The gen 2 Hayabusa ABS is so low tech compared to the gen 3 system.

Thanks for all the reply's. I like the idea of ABS so I am focused on 2013 or newer. This forum is great,lots of people chip in with answers. Reason for the Gen 2 choice is the new ones are just tooooo much $$$ and dealers are marking them up bigtime. But I would love to have one otherwise. My thought is to drive a Gen 2 for a few years and THEN upgrade to a Gen 3 when I can get a reasonable deal. But for now a perfect Busa for me would be a Gen 2 perhaps with a 240 tire kit and 5" swing arm extension.
I really like the white and a Corbin seat.

Thanks for all the reply's. I like the idea of ABS so I am focused on 2013 or newer. This forum is great,lots of people chip in with answers. Reason for the Gen 2 choice is the new ones are just tooooo much $$$ and dealers are marking them up bigtime. But I would love to have one otherwise. My thought is to drive a Gen 2 for a few years and THEN upgrade to a Gen 3 when I can get a reasonable deal. But for now a perfect Busa for me would be a Gen 2 perhaps with a 240 tire kit and 5" swing arm extension.
Good plan...I like the look of a gen 1 over the gen 2 but got a gen 2 only so (at the time) I could get the latest rendition of the bike....

Now the gen 3 looks just enough like the gen 1 to be good looking again...

I'd recommend buying the newest you can afford. You'll enjoy either one you decide but considering prices are going up on everything I'd shop a Gen-3 at this point when guys want $10-12k for a 5-10 year old bike. Many of us found deals in the $16k range for a 2022.

Good plan...I like the look of a gen 1 over the gen 2 but got a gen 2 only so (at the time) I could get the latest rendition of the bike....

Now the gen 3 looks just enough like the gen 1 to be good looking again...
For the record, this is the first post by @Bumblebee that is incorrect. All of his other posts are absolutely accurate.

Gen 2's are the final evolution of the Hayabusa.

I suspect The Pandemic may have had something to do with this response. I'm hoping that's what it was.

I bought one 2017 last night.Low miles 3,756,clean,garaged,never down with lower pegs and 2 brothers dual carbon exhaust,ram phone holder,new rubber from original owner for a good price. Now looking for improved seat,frame sliders,stator protection and need power forward for phone GPS.

Back