Gen 1 vrs Gen 2 for wind protection.

ta-kid

Registered
Hey guys I have owned a gen 2 at one time and now I am looking again here in Canada,you know the land of cooler tempertaures.LOL I have a chance to buy a K6 Gen 1 for a decent price and was wondering of all of you who have upgraded to a gen 2 from a gen 1,how does the gen 1 compare as far as wind protection.Is the fairing the same width as a gen2.The Gen 2 looks a little bigger and wider to me but the specs say they are the same except hieght of screen.

Canada ??? The difference of wind protection should be pretty insignificant if any, 1 inch here or there won't save you :poke: :laugh:

wear this 365 a year regardles :whistle:

heated gear.png

:laugh:

heated gear.png

Same wind protection on both bikes. Which is quite good actually for a sportbike.

I have to disagree,:whistle:
having the gen 2(18,000 m) along side the gen 1(50,000 m) has shown a stark contrast in user friendly-ness. Both have land speed raced, and toured on(extensively). I am actually rather suprised what a diff a few inches makes in reguards to comfort.
This really is an old topic, as the gen 2 is a noticeably bigger bike in just its physical presence. I had around 40,000 gen 1 miles when aquiring the gen 2. I was taken aback by the size of the newer version.
Both bikes have DB screens,I just can't hide behind the gen 1 screen the same,that goes for the side farings as well.
Not to start an arguement, but the gen 2 is just simply/throughly a more complete package.
My gen 1 is still faster though,probably looks better as well, that is a close call though.??? Just like the gen 1 ,it grows on you.

Anyway my two cents,it will keep you warmer though.:laugh: :beerchug:

PS Pashnit ,
If I lived in Cali, I too would not notice a diff either.:rofl:
I am also stuck in a multi-temperate zone. :beerchug:

Back