What went wrong ?

kennym4

Registered
Sorry I still can't figure out how to embed videos yet...:stoopid:

Can someone tell me what went wrong in these videos ? I'm trying to learn, and maybe I could learn from others mistakes. DON"T WORRY, I don't have the (you know) to push it on public roads.

Does anyone know (ball park) of what a Track day, or track lessons would run ?

1'st one...

2'nd one...

3'rd one..

Last edited by a moderator:
Embedding is easy with you tube..... Go to the youtube site and watch the video, under the video there is a button thats says embed, click that and some code comes up in a white box, copy all the text..... Next come to hayabusa.org and start a post like normal, when you are ready to embed your video just click the button on the top of the message box that says you tube, if you look in the message box you will see some new characters that just popped in, click your mouse in the middle of the new code and paste the characters you copied from you tube.. click the submit button and viola your done...

there are other ways but that is the most basic...

cap

To answer your direct question, in the second vid it looks like the back tire broke loose and came around on him....

To answer your direct question, in the second vid it looks like the back tire broke loose and came around on him....

THANK YOU Sir !

Is that from too much throttle ?

Just read the post under the 1'st one, says the guy saw the cop & tried to slow down ??

Last edited:
I can't even see the videos from this computer, but just from the title I'd bet the first one was caused by grabbing too much front brake while in a turn.

The second vid is the one I commented on above, he was leaned over pretty good, his back tire came out I think he just lost traction.... The third video and the highside it looks like the back end broke loose and he went over the top, he might have grabbed some front brake which will help in putting you over, I think he just lost traction too and out she came..... Over he went...

What are some of the common mistakes made when learning to lean. I'm staring to realize there's a difference in doing it, and doing it WRIGHT !!

What are some of the common mistakes made when learning to lean. I'm staring to realize there's a difference in doing it, and doing it WRIGHT !!

Well I can tell you that there are others here that are soooo much more qualified than I. What I can tell you is that I fixed your first post so your videos are now embedded...

CAp

Well I can tell you that there are others here that are soooo much more qualified than I. What I can tell you is that I fixed your first post so your videos are now embedded...

CAp

THANK YOU CAP, you're the man !!

Why does no one stop and help in the 3. video?????
Makes me angry :-)

Dont take turns that fast...?
Mikael.

Track day vary in price, at our local track, you have to take a beginners class if you have never been on the track. 30.00 for the beginners class and then 100.00 for the day. So 130.00 total for a full track day. Very affordable.

The first mistake made in video 2 is playing in traffic. If he had gone under a moving car when he lost it things would have been much worse. He was over pretty far, he could have hit hard parts on the pavement that caused the lack of traction.

SportBike Track Time is at NJMP on June 6 & 7. If you are planning on going over to get the suspension set up, sign up and do a Novice day. They will teach you how to track ride. The novce is subdivided into groups based on experience. The top group are the guys ready to go to Intermediate. The bottom are the folks just learning to ride and just follow the leader around the track. You can move up and down between the groups during the day. Bike prep is minimal for Novice. You will need full leathers.

http://www.sportbiketracktime.biz/Index.aspx

Video #1 = Too much front brake slowing for the cop, tucked the front end

Video #2 = Either grounded out something and picked the rear up, or spun the rear low side resulted, notice the crash barrier is a raised concrete sidewalk (This is a good time to point out track days are 1,000,000 times safer, this guy / girl could have ended up under a car!)

Video #3 = Rear spun up, rider shut the throttle, tire spins out and then catches traction while completely out of line with the front the resulting "high-side" is one of the most painful accidents you can have.

:beerchug: well IMHO anyway.

what k03 said.. :beerchug: The first vid is the classic panic brake, (see the cop, hit the brakes). I don't know about the second video the camera man was all over the place. In the third vid it looks like he just went in to hot, throttled on to soon and began spin the rear out and chopped the throttle.

Last edited:
Yea and that ticket is a helluva lot cheaper than those parts it will cost to replace that front brake grab in video 1 :laugh:

90% of riding is mental and experience. If that corner looks too sharp to take at 60 mph that is your brain's way of saying "Don't do it, you are about to bust your ass!". Some people don't listen and end up doing just that.

I find a lot of riders on sport bikes think they are Nicky Hayden or someone just because it is a sport bike. A lot of difference between a track bike with full slicks, suspension, prepared track, etc. Way too many things you can crash on in a public environment. Tar strips to fill cracks, gravel, old run down car leaking gas, oil, antifreeze, etc.

Take your time and just continue to progress, it is really the only way you will learn. And for god's sakes, and yours, don't push yourself to do things you are not confident in doing.

Oh a couple things I forgot,

If you are asking to wreck, wear an ipod or anything else in your ears while you are riding. You NEED to be able to hear the engine, the way the bike sounds when cornering, shifting, etc. You become one with the machine. I know that will step on some toes, but I see people with GPS's, Ipods, etc. strapped to their machines.

I think it is just down right stupid to listen to music riding a motorcycle. Want to get run over by someone cutting over on you or running a red light? Have that ipod on and don't hear the horns blowing or brakes screeching.

Back