wHATS WRONG WITH THE BUSA ?

TINMAN

Registered
Travelling along doing about 90mph changed up to 5th and let the clutch out. Tried to accelerate and nothing following by what I can only describe as feeling like the engine stop sitch was being turned of and on about 3 times, after this it all went back to normal and I drove home for about 40 miles with no more problems.

Any one got a clue what might be wrong here.

( 1999 busa with 9300 miles and had the cct done). Oh yeah and put full synthetic oil in about 200 miles ago....

Cache for hash was thinkin' kinked fuel line , I'm thinkin the typical fuel flow problem brought on by the shiddy fuel delivery system of the 99 and some 2000's . Mine used to do that , fixed it with a pump overhaul , some mods to IT,fuel lines, and the installation of a car fuel filter in place of the shiddy Suzook one .

My advice...get out there an do dozens more runs at high speed , really let the motor rev high and long , try and FUEL STARVE IT . See if it does it again .

Then let us know....

hav a good 1.....RSD.

I was going down hill and had not really thrashed the motor at all. Had only been doing up to 6-7k revs all day before the problem.

AND was cache joking about the stone thing. Come on guys - worried.........

See you other thread. Your pump is failing. You can go with an in-line, remove the screens and that will hold you over for a while, but eventually, the pump will just flat out fail.

Do the in-line now, gut the screens and be on the lookout for a 2000 model pump or an aftermarket pump. Suzuki only recalled a small number of them, even though it seems all from 99 and even a few from 2000 are faulty.

Back