What to expect parting out hayabusa

In PA.....I wouldn't dream of touching the bike without proof of ownership IE: a title.....it becomes a fine line of possession of stolen property...felony level depending on the value they set on it.

In PA.....I wouldn't dream of touching the bike without proof of ownership IE: a title.....it becomes a fine line of possession of stolen property...felony level depending on the value they set on it.

Point well taken. Will take that into consideration based on what I find out through NCIC VIN search.

well I have recently read online about police stings that sound very similar to this. Make sure EVERYTHING on the bike that is supposed to have numbers, does. Any hint or mentioning from the person the bike COULD be stolen, walk away. Article I read was that the undercover officer mentions the bike could be or probably was stolen but not by him to the potential buyer. Guy buys the bike, and takes possession, boom they nab him. They state the guy willfully accepted known stolen property.

Second, I would write up an agreement that I would have notarized stating that the seller with name and address written states the bike is clear of liens and has no stolen or blemished history known by him. I would also include the VIN and engine numbers on that statement. A photocopy of the guy's license to attach wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Great suggestions! I haven't heard about those types of stings, but it sounds like the next dateline exclusive "To Catch a Bike Predator".

I was just emailed by the seller requesting a sub-$100 deposit on the bike so that he can tell this other guy he has been dealing with the bike is sold. Yet I told him I will be there Friday to get it. ???

I'm beginning to think I should just pass on it completely.

That bike is about 5 mi from me in North Hampton.

I'd be leary of buying a no title bike,if you got the vin,contact state police and ask them to run it for you if they give you a problem lmk, my brother in law is a PA Trooper.

That bike is about 5 mi from me in North Hampton.

I'd be leary of buying a no title bike,if you got the vin,contact state police and ask them to run it for you if they give you a problem lmk, my brother in law is a PA Trooper.

PM sent

I was able to get in touch with a pennsylvania state patrol and they ran the VIN for me. It came back stolen out of South Carolina. Thanks everyone for helping me out here - that is why I like to participate in online motorcycle forums like these.

First of all what happened to giving up the VIN # BOARD :rulez:

Don't meant to be a jerk but there's alot of unknowns here. If it were me......It sounds too good to be true. Usually things that are too good to be true come with problems. Just my 2 cents.

I was able to get in touch with a pennsylvania state patrol and they ran the VIN for me. It came back stolen out of South Carolina. Thanks everyone for helping me out here - that is why I like to participate in online motorcycle forums like these.

Say goodbye to your $100

sorry man.

I'm awfully proud of how this site came together to help the author of this thread; plus a healthy start at getting a stolen busa home to its rightful owner and hopefully putting some thieves out of business. :thumbsup:

ok NCIC says it's possibly STOLEN!!!!! Says it was NEVER registered but that means it could be stolen off of the dealers lot because that's the only way the dealership can report it stolen!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

you know somethings up.....I just tried that link that was posted which led to the ad on craigslist. The author has taken it down!
Posted via Mobile Device

Like I said in my first post, the frame would not have an accompanying title, only a bill of sale which drastically reduces prices from what I've seen on ebay. I'd love to sell the bike outright, but it would have to be for drag racing I would imagine without a title. Any idea what that market might be like?

Unless its stolen you should be able to get a title. It might take a couple months, but then you can have a clean titled complete running 02 busa to either sell in spring or keep. Parting it out will be a money losing pain. Unless you need money fast get it legal :thumbsup:

Just finished the thread. Sorry I thought you already owned it. Sounds like you avoided an ugly situation :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back