Gen I throttle bodies Gen II motor

duck33

Registered
I'll try to make this as short as possible. I've been lurking on here for a long time and finally registered because of this question that i can't seem to find the answer to. I bought an 08 motor to put in a dragbike. It is a complete aftermarket chassis so nothing there. I want to run the gen I throttle bodies, for reasons in the future, and can't figure out what I need to make this happen. Do I go with the Gen I wiring harness and ecu? will the Gen I harness plug into the Gen II motor? Does the ECU need signals from things like the oil pressure switch, tip over sensor, etc? Does the fuel pump need a return line to the fuel tank? Thanks in advance for any help.

Not sure on all your question, but I think the GenII motor needs the GenII ecu?????
But I have a set of GenI throttle bodies for sale with SS butterflies for sale in the classifieds.

the throttle bodies have different spacing from gen1-2 u could use either wire harness and ecu... they should have all the same sensors etc... difference being gen 2 uses 8 injectors gen one uses 4.... you can always just do an aftermarket ignition system and skip the zuk ecu stuff all together

I'm not worried about fitment of the throttle bodies. I know a guy that has gotten it to work and I can also machine anything I need. I'm trying to get away from the 8 injectors. Also, the zuk stuff is much cheaper used isn't it? If not, point me in the right direction for aftermarket ignition and fuel system. thanks for the help already.

Back