Where to get a Gen II motor?

AJAY

Registered
Got a project in mind and am looking for a decent price for a low mileage Gen II motor, complete with throttle bodies, injectors, rail, and ECU. I looked on ebay over the weekend and all I found complete was a motor for $4,000 with 32K miles on it. How much should these be going for anyway?

Check insurance sales/auctions like copart.com there are quite a few companies running sites out there. Since you looking for parts and title condition(salvage,non rebuild able) shouldn't matter should be able to score one. Maybe even have parts left over to part out and reduce your cost

Check insurance sales/auctions like copart.com there are quite a few companies running sites out there. Since you looking for parts and title condition(salvage,non rebuild able) shouldn't matter should be able to score one. Maybe even have parts left over to part out and reduce your cost

Don't know anything about that site but looking around a bit...here a totaled 08 and doesn't look like a bid on it yet.

Copart

Dam I think you need a dealer license to buy there,thought they had switched to public, my friend has a bought a couple from them, he told me when I was ready to let him know so he could get it for me sorry AJAY

Hayabusa engines hold there value. They are used in all kinds of projects hayabusa mini coopers, hayabusa smart cars hayabusa lawn tractors YES lawn tractors! hayabusa go karts and other projects. People buy these!
No such thing as getting a great deal on a hayabusa engine.
I would watch auctions and buy a complete wrecked bike from an insurance company strip it down and sell parts on ebay, you may come out ahead like this.

Hayabusa engines hold there value. They are used in all kinds of projects hayabusa mini coopers, hayabusa smart cars hayabusa lawn tractors YES lawn tractors! hayabusa go karts and other projects. People buy these!
No such thing as getting a great deal on a hayabusa engine.
I would watch auctions and buy a complete wrecked bike from an insurance company strip it down and sell parts on ebay, you may come out ahead like this.

I agree, you could make a good living just buying wrecked Busas and parting them on ebay

Back