Gen II hump and rail on a Gen I

AJAY

Registered
Does anybody know if a Gen II hump and grab rail will fit a Gen I?

I'm looking to buy a hump and like the little folds in the top of the new model. Has anybody tried it? Does it look right? Or does it look weird?

I also like the frankenstein tiedown bolts in the newer grab rail. Has anybody tried that on a Gen I?

- Thanks! AJ

Does anybody know if a Gen II hump and grab rail will fit a Gen I?

I'm looking to buy a hump and like the little folds in the top of the new model. Has anybody tried it? Does it look right? Or does it look weird?

I also like the frankenstein tiedown bolts in the newer grab rail. Has anybody tried that on a Gen I?

- Thanks! AJ

No, they are both different.

The hump will not fit, I am not for sure about the grabrail though

You would have to use a Gen2 subframe and tail section to use those parts.

Oh well, at least there are more Gen I parts on the market. :)

Thanks for your replies. - AJ

You would have to use a Gen2 subframe and tail section to use those parts.

I have seen them on one didn't ask how he did it though sorry hopefully someone else here has gone through it I can give a pic though of it:laugh:

DSC00051.JPG

DSC00052.JPG

DSC00050.JPG

I have seen them on one didn't ask how he did it though sorry hopefully someone else here has gone through it I can give a pic though of it:laugh:
Someone posted a different bike in another thread with all the Gen II tail section on a Gen I. Think you need the entire subframe. Now that I look more closely, I can see that the lines of the Gen II hump would not work at all on a Gen I without the entire tail section. I prefer the Gen I tail overall, but like the creases in the Gen II hump.

Pics below show an aftermarket hump for sale on ebay.
eBay Motors: Suzuki Hayabusa 99 07 Seat Cowl Glossy Black (item 140294257488 end time Jan-21-09 10:08:36 PST)
Sweet, but it's too angular for me with the softer curves of the Gen I Busa. Pics below if the link above is dead.

485a_1.JPG

e465_1.JPG

e507_1.JPG

Someone posted a different bike in another thread with all the Gen II tail section on a Gen I. Think you need the entire subframe. Now that I look more closely, I can see that the lines of the Gen II hump would not work at all on a Gen I without the entire tail section. I prefer the Gen I tail overall, but like the creases in the Gen II hump.

Pics below show an aftermarket hump for sale on ebay.
eBay Motors: Suzuki Hayabusa 99 07 Seat Cowl Glossy Black (item 140294257488 end time Jan-21-09 10:08:36 PST)
Sweet, but it's too angular for me with the softer curves of the Gen I Busa. Pics below if the link above is dead.

Ugg...don't like the looks of that at all.

Just plain ugly. Don't the people designing these parts ever step back and look at them?

I didn't think it was that ugly. I like what looks to be a slim-line tail light in the back, or maybe that's just a reflection in the photo. But overall, the edges are just too extreme for the Busa.

I didn't think it was that ugly. I like what looks to be a slim-line tail light in the back, or maybe that's just a reflection in the photo. But overall, the edges are just too extreme for the Busa.

If it's a light you looking for someone here has a Gen 1 hump with a Kanji style sign on it that is also a light looked awesome.. that e-bay hump does not appeal to my taste an it looks like it would ruin the aerodynamics of it too:laugh: anything non-sleek must go :laugh:

I have a hump i can sell you for $75 shipped its from an 06 black and charcoal color scheme and is in mint condition.

Back