Gen II hump/grabrail mod

pa1adin

Registered
Does anyone know where I can find instructions on doing the Hump/Grabrail on my '08?

TYVM

=Shannon=

this might help
beerchug.gif

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=28424;hl=

Why would you do this? What is the point in hacking up the rear hump? It takes about a minute to install the bar if you want to put the seat and the bar on.

Honestly, there is no value in this mod at all. It has no aerodynamic properties and cosmetically it is..............

well,.....................

ugly.

This is just my opinion.

I will add this, I have seen bikes passed up that were for sale all because the hump was cut. I passed one up not to long ago for the same reason.

Funny thing I came to the sight to find this info myself. I have decided I like the look with the hump and want the quick change thing.

So do I, enough that I did the mod to my '07 and love it.  However, the Gen II has a different grab rail, hump, and hump base plate.  As nearly as I can tell, you have to cut the base plate as well as part of the rear supports on the hump.  Needless to say, it's not NEARLY as simple as doing it on a '99-'07.

=Shannon=

Cut the HUMP, keep the BAR. Looks sweet..

The small cut on the hump is roughly 1.25" x .250". It is the same depth as the cutout for the helmet strap and about an inch longer. You can barely see the mod. I can't imagine passing up a nice Busa for small cutout on the hump which Suzuki should have put there in the first place but that's just my opinion.

I just did that mod to my 08 and it looks like it was a stock job. What would be really nice would be a hump with storage similar the the Corbin Smuggler but less the $799 price tag.
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

Back