will a gen 2 motor fit in a gen 1 busa?

trevor

Registered
as stated i am wondering if i can put a gen2 (08-09( motor in to replace the gen 1 motor in my 2005 busa. Is it a fairly straight foreward swap if you have the harness?

need to rebuild mine, thought that might be a nice upgrade. was going to build my engine up but this might be a better idea

The oil pans are different too. It may or may not cause problems with the exhaust, depending on which you use.

i was just thinking that w 50000 kms, going this route would get me a new motor(5-8 k miles) and also get a new tranny. If i spend the money on mine, ill still have to be concerned w the motor. especially w a big bore kit and some motor work

wanted to build mine up w a big bore kit cams head work.
Wondering if newer motor might be money better spent. especially w a newer tranny included

prolly just small mods would be required. not sure of all the connectors being the same, exhaust routing. I do no the throttle body is backwards. (throttle cables and stuff on the left side instead of the right). anything is possible just is it gonna be worth it. may be easier to throw a gen 2 crank in yours.

Sell or part out yours and buy an 08 up. I think you would be way ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Straight engine swap. If you needed a new engine....I like the idea!

as stated i am wondering if i can put a gen2 (08-09( motor in to replace the gen 1 motor in my 2005 busa. Is it a fairly straight foreward swap if you have the harness?

yes. it will fit. will need a bigger radiator/more fans and have the ability to do some custom wiring for the tail lights and front end electrical because ours are different :) but it works.
buddy of mine up in orlando put a k8 engine in his k6 le. it works

dont really need a new one... its just ....should i spend 5000 + to build my motor up or just fire in a newer motor, AND transmission. Only it wouldnt be quite as powerfulas a built motor.
I thought i had my mind made up to do the build but saw an 08 motor for sale for about 4000 dollars and it got me asking the question. and who better to help hash out the pros and cons athan some good busa brothers.

Last edited:
Have you thought about just doing the Gen 2 crank conversion? I am rebuilding 05 turbo right now (street bike not a racer) and going with a Gen 2 crank. I figure it gets me the best of both worlds A fresh Rebuilt Motor with the low and mid range torque that I have on my B King. don't have to replace the valves the way I would on a Gen 2 to run higher levels of boost. I should also get the benefit of the extra volume of exhaust gas spooling the turbo a bit sooner. From a budget standpoint I have the costs of rebuilding a stock engine , cost of the new Gen 2 crank and its installation roughly $2500

Have you thought about just doing the Gen 2 crank conversion? I am rebuilding 05 turbo right now (street bike not a racer) and going with a Gen 2 crank. I figure it gets me the best of both worlds A fresh Rebuilt Motor with the low and mid range torque that I have on my B King. don't have to replace the valves the way I would on a Gen 2 to run higher levels of boost. I should also get the benefit of the extra volume of exhaust gas spooling the turbo a bit sooner. From a budget standpoint I have the costs of rebuilding a stock engine , cost of the new Gen 2 crank and its installation roughly $2500

how much do you estimate it will cost for the turbo build. start to finish?

if i had about 4k to spend, i'd rebuild the engine you already have. or increase displacement or compression ratio a little.. not sure how much 1397 costs, but if you did it yourself you could save on labor charges. 4k is a lot to play with when you dont have to buy an engine to start with.

Back