White 2017 Hayabusa Part Out

Scooby315

Registered
Hey guys not sure if any of you heard of a reverse track vehicle built by Tanom Motors out of Culpepper Va called the Tanom Invader. Well anyhow I've been talking to one of the guys over there and these vehicles source and use brand new hayabusa motors for the build. Besides the motor nothing else is used, everything else is parted out from a brand new busa. He's told me they struck up a deal for over 170 2017 White Hayabusas for their builds. Again their only need is for the motors so that leaves brand new complete OEM fairings sets, frames, wheels, forks, etc. Everything! I told him I would see what type of interest there was in any parts from these 2017 models. So if you're interested let me know.

http://www.tanommotors.com

6000000001.jpg

I've seen those, they're trikes with two wheels up front. Your 'reverse track' description through me off. If they're taking the motors they're sure to take the computers with them. Seems odd that they couldn't source the motors directly from Suzuki Inc instead of buying whole bikes.

I reached out to them and the emails stopped when I asked for the price on a full set of fairings. I guess they have better ways to dispose of them than advertising/ selling them to the hayabusa community.

I followed a Can Am Spyder for about 3 corners the other day, man those things are hard to steer!
The driver was struggling, fighting with it to hold a line in the corners at 100kmh and my Busa was so easy to turn in and track through a steady line in the radius of the curve, it made me so aware of how good it is to be on two wheels, NOT three.
The rear end was bouncing over every little undulation in the road surface, it just looked like so much hard work to control the thing. Either the rear shock was buggered or just not set correctly.
Are those 3 wheelers made for people that can't manage two wheels but want the wind in their face?
Bloody dangerous looking things IMHO.

If I had to have three I'd rather have two in front than two in back. I 'drove' something similar once (had a steering wheel) and it seemed to have all the inconveniences of a bike (and) a car. Hard to get in and out and uncomfortable to drive. Really though, does it make $en$e to buy the whole bike?

"The engine is a 1340-cc four-cylinder sourced from a Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle, and it has a six-speed sequential transmission. Tanom purchases new complete Hayabusas' and then disassembles them for the components—therefore, making them the largest buyer of Hayabusa motorcycles in the US. What's interesting is that they sell the take off parts that aren't used through various outlets in order to recoup some operating capitol."
image.jpeg

I followed a Can Am Spyder for about 3 corners the other day, man those things are hard to steer!
The driver was struggling, fighting with it to hold a line in the corners at 100kmh and my Busa was so easy to turn in and track through a steady line in the radius of the curve, it made me so aware of how good it is to be on two wheels, NOT three.
The rear end was bouncing over every little undulation in the road surface, it just looked like so much hard work to control the thing. Either the rear shock was buggered or just not set correctly.
Are those 3 wheelers made for people that can't manage two wheels but want the wind in their face?
Bloody dangerous looking things IMHO.
Yeah , seem them up here too, usually old farts who can't swing their legs over two wheels , they do look awkward. Most spyder crashes appear to be ex- riders who forget where the brakes are compared to a bike, in the other side of the coin, we have an old dude up here who builds his own trikes. Based on the triumph rocket 3's , has a pivot system at rear so it corners like a bike , both rear wheels have independent suspension and drive (chain) but when it corners it leans like a bike, it has a hydraulic system operated by left bar end (grip) twist forward lean right twist back lean left. If he's at the "Shiney side up " I'll get photos

Yeah , seem them up here too, usually old farts who can't swing their legs over two wheels , they do look awkward. Most spyder crashes appear to be ex- riders who forget where the brakes are compared to a bike, in the other side of the coin, we have an old dude up here who builds his own trikes. Based on the triumph rocket 3's , has a pivot system at rear so it corners like a bike , both rear wheels have independent suspension and drive (chain) but when it corners it leans like a bike, it has a hydraulic system operated by left bar end (grip) twist forward lean right twist back lean left. If he's at the "Shiney side up " I'll get photos
This one he built as duel front wheels his second build at show last year

20160813_092246.jpg

I reached out to them and the emails stopped when I asked for the price on a full set of fairings. I guess they have better ways to dispose of them than advertising/ selling them to the hayabusa community.
When I was talking to them the other day I did ask why they dont advertise on the forums etc. Which led to the reason why Im posting. Im going to get the price once I see who is actually interested, not to redirect you to them.

If I had to have three I'd rather have two in front than two in back. I 'drove' something similar once (had a steering wheel) and it seemed to have all the inconveniences of a bike (and) a car. Hard to get in and out and uncomfortable to drive. Really though, does it make $en$e to buy the whole bike?

"The engine is a 1340-cc four-cylinder sourced from a Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle, and it has a six-speed sequential transmission. Tanom purchases new complete Hayabusas' and then disassembles them for the components—therefore, making them the largest buyer of Hayabusa motorcycles in the US. What's interesting is that they sell the take off parts that aren't used through various outlets in order to recoup some operating capitol."View attachment 1579382
Depending on the number you're purchasing and at what cost it might make sense to purchase the whole bike. Suzuki may also prefer to deal that way.

Too many unknown variables for any real interest to develop. My guess is he’ll want Too much money for the plastics, tank and such plus shipping since they’re new. Anyone who might contemplate replacements for either existing damage or a color change will only be motivated by an awesome deal. Of course it’s white too, no offense to anyone who owns white but it’s not exactly a stand out color. They’ll likely end up quickly needing someone full time to manage not only where all these extra parts will go but who they’re selling them too, that’ll be a nightmare on its own and I’d guess sneak up on them very quickly...

Yeah it's a tricky one for that company to find the market for these engine-less rolling chassis'.
One thing is for sure, they will end up meeting the market, and the price will go down to the point where they sell for what the punters are prepared to pay.
Maybe some young and upcoming entrepeneur will do an electric motor fitment to start the world's first limited production run of 'Lecky 'Busa' lol.
Would you buy an electric 'Busa? I don't think I'm ready for that!

These guys have been doing fine. I ran across them as a customer. I plan on buying a set and he said he'll give me a real good price so I thought why not spread the word. He said if theres a few others interested he can work a better price. I get that some of you want to know numbers first but this is what it is. Youre worried about all the wrong things. Either youre interested or youre not.

Yeah it's a tricky one for that company to find the market for these engine-less rolling chassis'.
One thing is for sure, they will end up meeting the market, and the price will go down to the point where they sell for what the punters are prepared to pay.
Maybe some young and upcoming entrepeneur will do an electric motor fitment to start the world's first limited production run of 'Lecky 'Busa' lol.
Would you buy an electric 'Busa? I don't think I'm ready for that!
Not selling as a rolling chasis
Essentially it’s parting out 170 bikes, good luck with that.
They didnt come to me asking for help. I think theyve been doing just fine. This was me putting the word out for a potentially good deal. Too much focus on the wrong thing here

Back