What to do?

1313R

Registered
So, here's a question. What do you do to doll up a 40th Busa? Chrome? Ghost flames? Any suggestions? I'll probably have some ghost flames put on her before too long. After that though, I'm kinda stumped. What would YOU do? :super:

Yeah I am thinking Red/Orange/yellow chameleon, color shifting just barely there flames would be cool as hell...

Or Maybe Chromillusion, Blue, Purple, gold, shifting ghosted...Either Flames or maybe even a tribal theme. Just ghosted...

So, here's a question. What do you do to doll up a 40th Busa?
set the fuggin' thing on fire...then....paint it up Blu n' Sil...

kiddin' , dont worry, we'll keep an eye on you....

post_6_94354_eye.gif

Remove the rear hump and attach one long haired, 108 lb anorexic slim, hottie circa 1980.  Get a helmet on her [ergo long hair flowing from with in] and slip her into tight purple leathers that retain the curver structure. That's all ya need.

laid.jpg

Yeah I am thinking Red/Orange/yellow chameleon, color shifting just barely there flames would be cool as hell...

Or Maybe Chromillusion, Blue, Purple, gold, shifting ghosted...Either Flames or maybe even a tribal theme.  Just ghosted...
Only prob there Rev is that goin' with those colors aint' really an option if you want true ghost graphix (flames, tribal, etc...). You end up with mixed, muddy colors instead of the colors you start with (ie; red/orange/yellow).

There are two main ways of gettin' ghost graphics:

1) Tint yer main color a shade or two lighter and paint on the graphics.

2) Lay pearl coats over the main color for the graphics.

Using other colors over yer main color gives you an end results of mixing the base color and the graphix color. So, sprayin' thin red candy over yer main color for ghost graphix will give you graphix that are whatever color you'd get mixin' the two. For example, if the 40th orange and red candy mixed together made brown (just an example) you'd end up with a 40th orange bike with brown graphics, not red ghost graphics.

You would basically be lookin' at the main color through the candy, which is like wearin the proverbial rose colored glasses. The natural colors you see through 'em just turn into muddied up tones of rose. Make sense?

The Chromillusion, or flip flop paints on the other hand require full coverage to get the full effect of the flip flop. If you diluted it with basecoat binder (it's prolly possible) to get it to spray thin enough to ghost you'd likely lose a LOT of the effect, therefore wasting a LOT of yer hard earned $$. That stuff isn't cheap! :eek: You'd prolly get a better effect for a ton less moola by mixin' a few different colored pearls together for yer graphix.

Or, you could always go with different colored pearls and fade them into each other in yer yer ghost graphics like you would the same colors in solid graphix, ie; red to orange to yellow flames = red pearl faded to orange pearl to yellow pearl in yer ghost flames. That could be schweeet if done right and with the right colored pearls! :super:

First off... NO CHROME!!

Any part that isn't already powdercoated black already, go ahead and get them blacked out as well. For example, the rear peg hangers, rearsets, and exhaust cans along with a few other various parts. Anything aluminum colored should end up black. After you have it blacked out, then have som fun with the orange paint however you choose.

First off... NO CHROME!!

Any part that isn't already powdercoated black already, go ahead and get them blacked out as well.  For example, the rear peg hangers, rearsets, and exhaust cans along with a few other various parts.  Anything aluminum colored should end up black.  After you have it blacked out, then have som fun with the orange paint however you choose.
I'm with justin on blackin' out instead of chromin' on the 40th busa... Only thing I don't really agree with him on is the exhaust. I think it should be either factory finish from whoever makes yer system, or polished. I just think black exhaust looks tacky unless it's polished pipes with black carbon fiber cans. ;)

Hey Thanks for the info on the paint Bullet, I don't know bobo about auto/bike painting...

Now what you need is some clear film decals with holographic flames on them. Completely invisable until you catch it just right...

Now On my ride I was thinking that grey Ghosted skulls could be pretty cool. Just barely there with a slightly different black pearl. I think the black pearl on the black would be pretty unusual.

if you just want to turn head then put black stripes on it and custom paint the front turn signals to look like tiger eyes?

Dunno, just do what you want

Thanks for the ideas. I'm thinking everything blacked out and then some sort of ghost graphics. I've got a cousin that can do some pretty wicked things with paint. Problem is, he ain't cheap. No discount even for family. He does do the best job of anyone I've ever seen though. I even thought about the Matrix code. Only because Busahigg didn't use it. I thought that was a great idea. Not sure how it'd look on an Orange busa though. What do you guys think?:super:

Thanks for the ideas. I'm thinking everything blacked out and then some sort of ghost graphics. I've got a cousin that can do some pretty wicked things with paint. Problem is, he ain't cheap. No discount even for family. He does do the best job of anyone I've ever seen though. I even thought about the Matrix code. Only because Busahigg didn't use it. I thought that was a great idea. Not sure how it'd look on an Orange busa though. What do you guys think?:super:
Yeah, I kinda liked the Matrix code idea as well. I'd love to see it done, but I don't think I'd want it on my bike. A 40th with the Matrix code done in some pimp azz yellow pearl would be fuggin' tight! :super:

Hey Thanks for the info on the paint Bullet, I don't know bobo about auto/bike painting...

Now what you need is some clear film decals with holographic flames on them.  Completely invisable until you catch it just right...
Yo Rev, have you seen the flame decals on the fully chromed busa in the new issue of Super Streetbike? The article says they started with photos of actual fire and then transfered it onto the decal material. It looks fuggin' schweet! I don't particularly like the borders they put around the flames. Too wide in my opinion, but the flame part is the cat's meow! :super:

Back