I need some ideas/ opinions

Lyrikz

Registered
I am the type of guy that doesnt like this kind of topic, but i have reached a dead end. I have a 2004 hayabusa, silver/blue and i want to paint it.. No, im GOING to paint it within the week. I need some opinions/ideas/ anything really to get me going. I LOVE silver and i was just going to do a FULL silver bike and have some very subtle white ghost flames that you can only see in certain light. THEN i got looking at some of those bikes in the custom busa thread and saw some of those shiny red bikes and man, i dont know what to do...

I love silver, and i love candy red mettallics. Part of me wants all silver, other part wants all candy red, other part wants silver with this color red flames.. .sublte flames.. small ones that just go to the end of the front fairing. nothing to big.. Here is the color red i want to use.
post-6-42483-dsc01345.jpg

And here is my bike as it sits now.
Diyracing.com Domain Gone

So, help me out guys. . IM not DEAD set on anything, i just want some ideas really.. ANYTHING will help.. I wish i had two busas, i could do one red, the other silver. ahaha.

The red and silver looks good i had thought about goin with silver/red or silver/purple still not sure as of yet
cool.gif

hummm.

black/silver always rocks...

silver into a metallic blue. (front to rear; forget the busa paint scheme)

all silver I think may be too much silver for that bike. Not sure until you see it though.

I think the 2004 Blue/Silver looks HOT!

Save your paint money and buy mOrE POWER!!!!

TURBO, CAMS, N20, 1397, etc.!
wink.gif

Besides if you leave the paint stock, it will look a little more like a sleeper than if you go all out custom.

Josh
cool.gif

Silver is probably your best bet unless your going to do something to the frame and swingarm...The red IMO would not stand out unless the you do something to the frame and swingarm...
evil.gif

are you nuts !!enjoy the beautiful color you have now .then get new panels for your favorite color.but please dont cover over that nice factory paint.but yes that red silver pic you put up is very nice!

go for more performance...
smile.gif
As for the go for more performance. Im only spending 200-300 bucks on paint. IM doing it myself. I cant buy much more power for that much money.

Reasons behind painting.
1) i want it slightly custom
2) i want to make it more MINE. i dont know if that makes sense.
3) I just want to be a lil different.

IM going with the all silver. When im done wiht the all silver i will decide if i want to add the flames. I will have time to decide that.. If i do go with the flames it will be with light candy red flames on the front. SHould look pretty sick. When im all done, if i dont like it, i will just repaint it... ahaha. I will also be doing the inners silver also. OH, hey, if anyone wants there inners done silver, i can do them for you for a small cost..

Let me know... As long as they are silver. ahaha.

All silver should work. I like the idea of a solid color. We'll be waiting to see pics of the new paint job.

All silver should work. I like the idea of a solid color. We'll be waiting to see pics of the new paint job.
Ok, got the idea locked. Whats hard is i see different bikes and it changes my plans. very difficult.. SOOO, what im doing is alll silver, the tank will have a chrome hayabusa on it instead of the suzuki.. the rear will have chrome 1300r stickers, the front will have the kanji sign in chrome, and i am doing candy red flames on the bike. it will be darker candy around the headlight and fading back towards the flames. The silver under teh kandy red should look SICK..

So, thats my plan. It will be done in less then a month..

I will keep you all updated.

Ok, got the idea locked. Whats hard is i see different bikes and it changes my plans.  very difficult.. SOOO, what im doing is alll silver, the tank will have a chrome hayabusa on it instead of the suzuki.. the rear will have chrome 1300r stickers, the front will have the kanji sign in chrome, and i am doing candy red flames on the bike.  it will be darker candy around the headlight and fading back towards the flames.  The silver under teh kandy red should look SICK..

So, thats my plan.  It will be done in less then a month..

I will keep you all updated.
OH, and lobusa, when you had your bike pained, all they did was just spray the thing with candy purple right??? Thats why you can still see the different colors underneath. am i correct???

Your bike looks good as is, but I know what you mean about not wanting to pull up and get lost with the other Busa's. Mine is the 04 se Red, but I painted it a slightly brighter color red.An idea I always thought was cool was getting one of those vinyl dragon graphics, put the head at the front nose piece, and trail it down the bike to the undertail.

Back