What times should I be running

I am planning on ordering the Clutch Mod from Brocks on Monday. I am looking at ordering the heavier clutch springs as well. Will this help me or hinder my launching? Anything else I should do while in there? Should I order the clutch slave support brace?

What License?

If you put the extremely heavy springs, get the slave support. If you are just using the spacers you will be OK.

Night is talking about an NHRA license that is required if I go to the Derby in Ohio Valley.

Parts of my town are underwater and declared a disaster area, but my homestead is high and dry, thank God!

It will help clutch life. What RPM are you leaving at. Everyone has a different riding style. I found out that if I leave at a lower RPM, I go faster. Who'd a thunk it. I was leaving at 5500 and now I leave at 4000.

I have been trying to leave hit around 4k My last run the fastest of the night I left at like 6k but was easy in the clutch so she would not buck on me.

Sorry to hear your town is underwater. What is required to get that license as I plan on being at those numbers consistently shortly... Hopefully

Get req papaerwork from NHRA, get a physical and have DR fill out paperwork, go to track and tell them you need to make Lic runs, pay your fees. Make required passes and then have three( I think) other riders that are Licensed sign off, as well as the tower and send it to NHRA.

If I am wrong, someone will chime in.

Most of the tracks I run at are outlaw and do not require a license...

BTW, What gearing are you?

My little bro just made his second pass in 4 years today at Commerce, GA.

'06 Busa, lowered, 60" wb, sidwinder, I think his gearing is 16/45, & some other minor mods. Clutch chattered bigtime off the line, he ran a 6.448 1/8th @ 119.

His only other run on this bike was last weekend at Gainsville...couldn't get the sucker to shift into 5th and went thru the lights @ 10.51.

For not being in the saddle for that long, I'm pretty dam proud of him..

He's # 1730.

Back