What times should I be running

1BDAZM

Registered
I have an 00 Busa with a 12 over arm, air box mod, Sidewinder, air shifter, 16 front sprocket and a 42 rear, shinko 003 tire. What times should I be running in the 1/8 mile. I weigh like 260 with gear on. The best I have been able to get out of it is a 6.403@111.283 with a 60 foot time of 1.594 I know I need to work on my 60 foot times just wondering what I should be doing so I have a target to aim for.
Thanks,
Damien

At ur weight try a 23-45 tooth rear
winkold.gif
I know it sounds like alot,but trust me it will make he diff
shake.gif

9.90 in the 1/4 with a 12 over arm is not hauling, sorry.

I would shoot for low sixes in the 1/8th.

FWIW, check my sig for mods. I weigh 250ish.

You need to be getting off the clutch harder and be wot and clutch out before the 60' timer, imo...

I went to the track today and ran a bike I put together here awhile back for a street bike to ride with my girl..

Bike specs as pictured:
Stock motor
No full system just stock one with one side capped off and a yosh slipon out right side
No power commander
Chrome RC Comp Daytona Wheels
Stock Wb and 16/40 gear
No Shift Light or Air Shifter

Time in 1/8th was 6:55@112.83 with 1.72 60" time at 260lbs with 45 lbs of air psi on a shinko R003...Air was real good today and would have went faster if I could have stayed.

Ebay_Inventory_1332.jpg

Based on his MPH, I don't think that would be in the 9's. Probably low-10's for sure...
winkold.gif

This past weekend the bike was bucking alot, I was trying to leave the line much harder... just was not happening.. front wheel was lifting then the bike would bogg out. Any ideas?

No clutch mods... thinking I might need one cause the week before it was not bucking but I am trying to leave the light much harder.... What plates?? I am looking at doing the Brocks clutch mod that is like 219.

Your times arent bad at all. with a little more seat time, you should be able to get in the low 6's. I think you can benefit with more gear. Try a 45 rear. Youll have to experiment with the gears to see what works for you. You can have your inner clutch welded also. It does the same as the brock mod....in theory. Also, get a friend to video tape you ( at least the first 60ft) You'll be surprised to see what you are doing and not doing when you see the video.

Yeah my girl started doing that for me... Its pretty ugly bike bucking and all.... Looks like the front wheel wants to lift then the bike boggs out... I know its gay but I have the videos up on my myspace page. I welcome any positive input to help me get this down the track faster...
www.myspace.com/DamienakaTheA55hole

Your times arent bad at all.  with a little more seat time, you should be able to get in the low 6's.  I think you can benefit with more gear.  Try a 45 rear.  Youll have to experiment with the gears to see what works for you.  You can have your inner clutch welded also. It does the same as the brock mod....in theory.  Also, get a friend to video tape you ( at least the first 60ft)  You'll be surprised to see what you are doing and not doing when you see the video.
Great advice! When I went home on leave from Iraq in Dec. I went to the track and had the family video tape it. I was very shocked at how my launch looked! You clearly see me go full throttle off the launch and I would roll my wrist back up letting off the throttle everytime I went to put my feet on the pegs (improper elbow position also). The sound of the bike made this very evident. I went back the next week and tried to make a concious effort not to do that and I ran my best time to date of a 6.35. I am sure that will come down with practice as I still need to slip the clutch better but the video definitely helped. I only had two weeks to practice but it was worth it. Good luck!

Ok so tonight I went to the track and drained my tank ran with the reserve light on, removed the seat, 12lbs of air in the Shinko 003U. Ran consistent 6.5's, one red light, and a 6.7 with lots of wheel spin, Final run was a 6.42 so overall not a bad night.

The main thing is practice. You should be able to outrun me, your bike is extended and I outweigh you, also.

When I launch, I try to roll on the throttle as I let out the clutch. Not keep it at one position. I also do not dump the clutch, but once again, I am stock length, so I have to ride the clutch harder. My perfect launch is when I am WOT before 60', clutch all the way out at the same time, with no bogging. If the bike bucks off the line, either you need to replace the clutch plates and steels, get the clutch mods that Brock makes, or just get smoother with your release.

I will try watching your vids on myspace when I can get to some high speed internet, lol..........

are you still above water over there???

come 2 louisville derby weekend.

thumb_up.gif
but if your faster than 6.40 need that lisence

Back