First time at the track in over 15 years tonight (and Im pretty dam* happy)

cbibb

Registered
Bike is an 06 1397 extended, lowered, shinko stealth, foot shifting. I havent been to the track in over 15 years until tonight. I have an air shifter but it sprung a leak somewhere and had to foot shift all night. I am 5'8 230 (bodybuilder) unsuited. Best run was 6.2 at 112 mph with a 1.5 60' (foot shifting). I am pretty freaking happy with that!! This is 1/8 mile of course. Cant wait to fix the airshifter and get ALOT more seat time!!!!

I should probably elaborate that this is only my 5th time at a drag strip ever. I know one of my biggest problems is that Im not getting to WOT soon enough after launching. I keep catching myself going almost completely through 1st gear before I decide to open it up. I am assuming thats fairly normal (I hope) and that with time and practice I will get better and better. I do know this, I am completely addicted to it already!!!! You guys stand by for questions to come as I get more time in!

No problem with questions. This forum could use some more life! No doubt seat time is where it is at. If I make a significant change it takes me a year to feel like I'm seeing the bulk of the benefits, so that's about 350 runs. You have the advantage of being able to run year round, although honestly I'm ready for a break.

Back