what the heck?

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
Go for a ride today up the the bike shop to get some Honda wax for the busa. It's one nice afternoon, so I decide to go for a nice ride. After about 150 miles, I gas up before heading home. After I fill up the tank, I go to hit the starter button and it's GONE!
SHOCKED.gif
I could hit the little switch inside so it would start, but the starter button itself is missing. I guess I'll have to replace the whole housing on the throttle side.Anyone know if you can replace just the switch?

GEEEZE!!! I thought your bike was stolen when I started reading this...

Glad you were able to get home, Hal. That's just a freaky situation. Don't know how hard it will be to just find a switch.

Glad you were able to get home, Hal.  That's just a freaky situation.  Don't know how hard it will be to just find a switch.
I know, it freaked me out a little bit. Don't remember it feeling weird or hard to push or anything. Just looked at Ron Ayers and the whole control is like $75. Thats alot just to replace just the button itself.
wowold.gif

According to a buddy of mine who recently dropped his '05, you have to buy the entire switch. I don't know if he pressed the issue with the parts guy, but it sure does look like it could (should) be available separately.

And I'm with everybody that thought this was another stolen 'Busa!
beerchug.gif

I thought it was going to be that Chris sold his 05 already...I hope you don't have to spent $75 just to replace the button
rock.gif

Glad you were able to get home, Hal.  That's just a freaky situation.  Don't know how hard it will be to just find a switch.
I know, it freaked me out a little bit. Don't remember it feeling weird or hard to push or anything. Just looked at Ron Ayers and the whole control is like $75. Thats alot just to replace just the button itself.
wowold.gif
That is a lot, but if you get one make sure it has the flash-to-pass feature so you can hook up some running lights or something.

yikes, that's expensive...i think you should install a remote start, then you won't have to worry about this happening again
whistling.gif

Wow!~ First report of that nature.

Good luck and keep us posted on your success.

Maybe somebody here has a right side control that was damaged in a crash and you could get the button from them. If you can change just the button?

I just looked at the microfishe and the starter assemble looks like they only sell the whole shitch... Hopefully, someone will have one you can make work.

yikes, that's expensive...i think you should install a remote start, then you won't have to worry about this happening again
whistling.gif
that, or hook it up to the clapper...
im sure you got one those layin around
tounge.gif

sounds like it popped off, too bad they dont have salvage yards out there where you can canabelize them lil things

wowold.gif
That is a lot, but if you get one make sure it has the flash-to-pass feature so you can hook up some running lights or something.
My 05 has the flash to pass feature on the clutch side control. The starter button is on the front brake side though. Hope someone has a used one around.

Back