No engine turnover when starting

Ericwms12

Registered
Ok, this my problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated...
While I was changing out my stock exhaust over to a after market exhaust i had the tank layed to the side while doing so I also put in a new battery and after hooking the battery up I hit the starter button without the gas tank on the bike. The starter motor engaged, but of course at this moment there's no gas tank. So later, after finishing installing the exhaust and with everything now hooked up including the gas tank and battery I hit the starter button and hear nothing...total silence. The fuel pump is not priming, the starter wont even click. Cluster lights up, turn signals work, but that's all I'm getting. Just to be safe I put another new battery in thinking it was the 1st new battery I bought. It's not. Sounds familiar to anyone??

First of all welcome...

I take it the bike had no issue before the install....

Barring that, if it ran fine before, something occurred during the install, some plug was left unplugged or not plugged in all the way? Check the kill switch, check all the plugs, unplug and then plug back in.

It will be something very simple and a face-palm moment when you find it.

First of all welcome...

Barring that, if it ran fine before, something occurred during the install, some plug was left unplugged or not plugged in all the way? Check the kill switch, check all the plugs, unplug and then plug back in.

I did all
First of all welcome...

Thanks for the quick responce and thanks for the welcomed attitude. Yes, I am a new comer that's here to stay. Lol‼Well I did reconnect all the plugs except maybe 1 or 2. And your exact right...before this I had 0% issues with the bike. I'll go back out there soon, and disconnect and reconnect all the plugs again, this time including the ones I didnt, and I'll post a update comment. Thanks again for the advice Bro! Look out for an update soon.

Welcome.
As those guys said, chances are it's a simple fix. Given that the fuel pump isn't priming, make sure it's in neutral. Even with it in neutral you still need to pull the clutch in to get it to crank, but if it's in gear the fuel pump won't run until you clutch it.

Installed my tip over box upside down once. Would turn over but not start. That was pretty cool. Getting on interstate shortly after I first started riding street bikes and motor went dead. Would even turn over. My thumb hit the kill switch. Even cooler on side of a bridge with cars passing

Gen 1? Tip over switch.
yup Item#1

tipover.jpg

Back