08 Hot Slow Start

angel racerx

Registered
When its cold, the starter spins and fires right up. Ride it for 20 minutes cut it off and try again. It turns slow headlights dimming and almost go dark, and stops after 3-4 rotations. brought new battery .

Fired up fine 4 times in a row while it was cold, rode it 20 minutes, and then the same issue. It turns over slow 2-5 rotations and stops, Headlights dim.

If i hit the starter button and it turns over slow, i release it, wait for fuel pump to stop running and hit it again sometimes, very randomly it will spin fast like everything is ok and the bike starts. Cut it off ,hit the starter and its dead again.

The colder the bike is the more consistent it starts the headlights shining strong while cranking. The hotter it is, the starter more consistantly doesnt work, with headlights dimming and each time it sounds like the fuel pump gets weaker. That one time you hit it just right the fuel pump sounds strong the starter is strong and the headlights are bright.

This is a none issue with this bike do the search function and enjoy the reading Have you had the recall done for the rectifier old one and the recent one good luck :thumbsup:

Thank you. Which part of the bike won't start and I could be out by myself is "non-issue ".I think I'm on the wrong site.I may be a girl but I know and have done way more technical stuff to my bike. I NEED technical answers...I DO MY RESEARCH. .. .I've already written several times about the recal AND doing it twice can every one see when someone is replying? :banghead: I seem to keep repeating myself I am trying not to keep repeating the same problem on the road being stuck somewhere. .. for someone to say that this is a non issue. ..??? I really appreciate the time that you took to reply to my concern. . :banghead:....have an awesomely blessed week. Stay safe enjoy your bike.Thank you busafan08 . To reply positive is nice but I positively have a concern that needs a positively real answer so that it can help positivedly ..smile.. is that I word but you understand...please if there is a busa owner /mechanic that has gone thru this please ..thank you.

Last edited:
Sorry I used the wrong words this has happened to my 08 also when I brought it and it seems to happen to a lot of hayabusas I was just trying to say there is a lot of info here about the problem and it seems there is no clear fix for it people are trying different things having said that do more I ride mine the less the problem it is go figure ? Again sorry I cant help you in a more direct way I am sure someone here with more experience will reply soon :thumbsup:

I'd start by checking and cleaning all your cable connections. I'd found my ground had a loose connection on the motor with corrosion under it.
While you are at it check to make sure you starter bolts are tight and there is a good clean connection between it and the cases.
Take apart the handlebar switch and make sure those contacts are clean.
You''ll probably find it by just going through and cleaning contacts throwing part$ at it should be the very last thing.

Simple quick fix is to install a second battery. I have the same problem (built motor). Put on the second battery and problem solved.

I too have a 2008 and I switched over to a Ballistic 12 cell lithium. Problem solved! Also be sure to put the bike in neutral, that will help with hot starts..

Back