What members wrench on the busa?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
We have the new ticket system up for those folks that need help with passwords, anything on the website basically. We have been getting many tickets come in from members that are having problems with their Busa's or are looking for some guidance in what steps to take with maintenance. I was curious if we had any of you out there that are good with the mechanical workings of the busa that wanted to help out and respond to these tickets when they come in. I am looking at creating some logins to the ticket system and have a Hayabusa Mechanical section that these types of tickets would go into, you could work with the members from there.. Anyone interested in something like that?

It could be a lot of time at first but if we had several folks that know the busa inside and out it could be a great new feature for the members...

Thoughts?

cap

I've seen great help offered in the technical section of the forum, but if members are also filling out tickets in reference to mechanical problems, why not. I might be able to help in some circumstances, but I'm definately not one of the gurus.

I'm open to answer questions.    Though i'm not an expert, i have a good general understanding of the Busa and a helpful amount of common sense. I do all the work on my bike be it custom or general maintenence.

Here's my cell, 540-223-3785 Paul

(Red05 @ Mar. 30 2007,12:23) I've seen great help offered in the technical section of the forum, but if members are also filling out tickets in reference to mechanical problems, why not. I might be able to help in some circumstances, but I'm definately not one of the gurus.
+1

Uh -wait a sec. I don't have a prob with it, but.............
Isn't that what the whole board is about? Trouble with stuff? People posting questions and posting answers about everything under the sun. And getting different views and anwers from all over.
Not just the original poster benefits .... all who read do.
That what the board is - a touble ticket - in a matter of speaking.
rock.gif

(guido4512 @ Mar. 30 2007,11:36) Uh -wait a sec. I don't have a prob with it, but.............
Isn't that what the whole board is about? Trouble with stuff?  People posting questions and posting answers about everything under the sun. And getting different views and anwers from all over.
rock.gif
+1
beerchug.gif

(guido4512 @ Mar. 30 2007,11:36) Uh -wait a sec. I don't have a prob with it, but.............
Isn't that what the whole board is about? Trouble with stuff?  People posting questions and posting answers about everything under the sun. And getting different views and anwers from all over.
rock.gif
Agreed, but there are some folks that are asking very specific questions.... I would never reccommend that we try to take those questions from the board. I was thinking that there is obviously a request from the members for this, we have several tickets that have come in with these types of request. I dunno maybe we try to integrate the two....

yup...things like how to pull the sprocket cover if you want to clean up inside there....just aren't covered.
If you don't know about the CSS assembly or how it's supposed to go back together...you wind up making MUCH more work for yourself than necessary.
A certain amount of mechanical aptitude or hands-on experience just can't be replaced by the forums, especially if the person needing the help is right in the middle of a situation.
It happens.
beerchug.gif

(BusaCruise @ Mar. 30 2007,13:19) yup...things like how to pull the sprocket cover if you want to clean up inside there....just aren't covered.
Because its seldomly asked.

I agree with Guido. The members here are very helpful and in some cases, within reasonable distance, are willing on paying that chap a visit to help out.

I myself wanted to swap out the front sprocket to a 16T as opposed to swapping the rear to a 43T (blame Brock). But once I read that an impact gun was needed, I abandoned that thought. Yet still I'm sure if I persued that mod, members left and right would have helped me out.

Cap, I'm not saying its a bad idea. I'm just saying if a member needs a specific answer, they need only to ask a specific question ... like ... what's a TRE?  (Sorry ... I had to ...
biggrin.gif
)

Well my other thought is that we should copy the text in the tickets and post them on the board and respond to the original person with a link to the new thread on the board.....

Thoughts...

yes ... my original thoughts were that those others seeking answers (to the same questions) would be denied the knowledge.
If made public -all's good!
smile.gif

Only downside to making every request public is the complaining I've seen in the past over guys coming here and asking the same questions. I've witnessed more than a few members only taking the time to say "go do a search on it" over helping 'em out...just an observation; can't have it both ways, either we're going to help out in the open forums to every question that comes along, or we have some designated help to answer the specific questions captain's getting...

Just my $.02
beerchug.gif

(guido4512 @ Mar. 30 2007,12:36) Uh -wait a sec. I don't have a prob with it, but.............
Isn't that what the whole board is about? Trouble with stuff? People posting questions and posting answers about everything under the sun. And getting different views and anwers from all over.
rock.gif
I have to agree. It's great to get some members on board that know what they're doing, but the whole board is there for all to see and understand. I'm sure it would reduce duplication as well.

(NightCrawler @ Mar. 30 2007,13:34)
(BusaCruise @ Mar. 30 2007,13:19) yup...things like how to pull the sprocket cover if you want to clean up inside there....just aren't covered.
Because its seldomly asked.

I agree with Guido. The members here are very helpful and in some cases, within reasonable distance, are willing on paying that chap a visit to help out.

I myself wanted to swap out the front sprocket to a 16T as opposed to swapping the rear to a 43T (blame Brock). But once I read that an impact gun was needed, I abandoned that thought. Yet still I'm sure if I persued that mod, members left and right would have helped me out.

Cap, I'm not saying its a bad idea. I'm just saying if a member needs a specific answer, they need only to ask a specific question ... like ... what's a TRE? (Sorry ... I had to ...
biggrin.gif
)
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Well, I'm no expert, but having pulled the motor and breaking it down more than once has given me a decent understanding. I can help out with whatever I can...

(captain @ Mar. 30 2007,13:46) Well my other thought is that we should copy the text in the tickets and post them on the board and respond to the original person with a link to the new thread on the board.....

Thoughts...
Agreed, not that my opinion matters, ol evil overlord
laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ Mar. 30 2007,15:23) Only downside to making every request public is the complaining I've seen in the past over guys coming here and asking the same questions. I've witnessed more than a few members only taking the time to say "go do a search on it" over helping 'em out...just an observation; can't have it both ways, either we're going to help out in the open forums to every question that comes along, or we have some designated help to answer the specific questions captain's getting...

Just my $.02
beerchug.gif
I've seen my share of everything on this board, but typically someone steps up and helps. We can't help ourselves Barbie
laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Mar. 30 2007,15:flamethrowing:)
(VaBusa @ Mar. 30 2007,15:23) Only downside to making every request public is the complaining I've seen in the past over guys coming here and asking the same questions.  I've witnessed more than a few members only taking the time to say "go do a search on it" over helping 'em out...just an observation; can't have it both ways, either we're going to help out in the open forums to every question that comes along, or we have some designated help to answer the specific questions captain's getting...

Just my $.02  
beerchug.gif
I've seen my share of everything on this board, but typically someone steps up and helps. We can't help ourselves Barbie  
laugh.gif
That wasn't a jab, just noting that I've seen new members ask questions and sometimes they don't immediately get help...I've seen members say that they're sick of the same old questions over and over and to go search, while others will answer or find the links and post 'em up, so either we all agree we help with all questions in an open forum, no matter how many times you've answered it, OR we have a few members here helping to answer those questions that are being asked via the ticketing system...

I do most of my own wrenching, but I don't feel I know enough about what I'm doing (until I dig in) to offer up advice to someone else on his/her machine~ I think there are liability issues to think about also... especially these days~ I wouldn't want to be held accountable for giving someone advice only to have them screw their bike up one way or another and then turn around and put the blame on my advice~ But then that's why I only speak up on a subject that I'm 100% sure of what I'm talking about.. which ain't a whole hell of a lot!
all_coholic.gif

(VaBusa @ Mar. 30 2007,15:52)
(dadofthree @ Mar. 30 2007,15
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(VaBusa @ Mar. 30 2007,15:23) Only downside to making every request public is the complaining I've seen in the past over guys coming here and asking the same questions. I've witnessed more than a few members only taking the time to say "go do a search on it" over helping 'em out...just an observation; can't have it both ways, either we're going to help out in the open forums to every question that comes along, or we have some designated help to answer the specific questions captain's getting...

Just my $.02
beerchug.gif
laugh.gif
That wasn't a jab, just noting that I've seen new members ask questions and sometimes they don't immediately get help...I've seen members say that they're sick of the same old questions over and over and to go search, while others will answer or find the links and post 'em up, so either we all agree we help with all questions in an open forum, no matter how many times you've answered it, OR we have a few members here helping to answer those questions that are being asked via the ticketing system...
Va, I can't wait to meet you in person, I understood exactly what you were saying, and I have witnessed some brutal stuff on here. The ticket being made a thread is the answer. Do you agree. I will be more sensitive to the issues you raised in the future. I'm just getting started here.

<embed src="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fsmileys.smileycentral.com%252Fcat%252FF%252Ftransport.swf%253Fcode%253DF100%252F0%252F8%2526partner%253DZSzeb110%255FZNfox000/transport.swf" loop="false" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="100" height="120" name="transport" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" wmode="transparent" flashvars="code=F100/0/8&partner=ZSzeb110_ZNfox000" />

Back