What kind of times should I expect.

Hello all drag racers

I own a 2009 model that is stock all around, well I did cut 10 inches off the stock cans but thats it.
I weigh 240 without gear, Ive been drag racing motorcycles for over 20 years and know how to holeshot a bike out of the hole and throttle shift.
I am trying to compare my stock MPH to my new MPH with a 4-2-! Akaprovic full race system and a full dyno tune.
What should I expect. I am 800ft above sea level and avg temps this time of year are around 90 with high humidity of 85%
Hoping for some 1.60 - 1.65 60ft times on the stock wheel base and tire.

Ooops I forgot to mention the most important factor its the white,silver, blue model which is supposed to have 15% more HP then the other colors. LOL!

Thanks

Well 08, 09, 10, or 11 ....... low nines, If you had purchased the black high eights :laugh:

The white is faster I havent been beat by a white bike yet.
If the weather holds out I believe its fun drags at Beech Bend Raceway
in Bowling Green KY on Tues nights. I am hoping for 117 in the 1/8 and
atleast 143 in the 1/4 in stock trim.

My 08 is stretched +8 ,geared 16/50, and lowered . I also prolly have 100 pounds more than any1 here .Geared up im 340 lbs and run 9.60's @ 143/145 mph.

Thanks thats what i was looking for MPH before my exhaust and ecu tune next week. What kind of
60ft times were you getting on the stock wheelbase oldgixxer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Lankee,

May not help much but i threw a leg over a workmates 09 for a few 1/8mi passes. It was lowered in the rear and strapped up front. Stone stock otherwise including gearing. I was 210 suited at the time. Ran a best of 6.30(twice) and a couple of low 6.3's. Best 60' was 1.60(hit that twice too). Had trouble with the clutch being too grabby when i tried to launch any harder. Dunno if the basket was notched(had 9K miles on it) or what. It had been 2 years since i had ridden any bike at the track prior to me making the passes on his bike, so maybe it was me? I was pulling 116mph and DA was 3000ft

Thanks thats what i was looking for MPH before my exhaust and ecu tune next week. What kind of
60ft times were you getting on the stock wheelbase oldgixxer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Consistant 1.6x's w a best of 1.60 launching at 4500rpm
The bike was literally driven from the dealer to the track and had less than 100 miles on it when I made those 9.6 passes..Im sure it would have gone faster once the engine had some more miles on it

Lankee,

May not help much but i threw a leg over a workmates 09 for a few 1/8mi passes. It was lowered in the rear and strapped up front. Stone stock otherwise including gearing. I was 210 suited at the time. Ran a best of 6.30(twice) and a couple of low 6.3's. Best 60' was 1.60(hit that twice too). Had trouble with the clutch being too grabby when i tried to launch any harder. Dunno if the basket was notched(had 9K miles on it) or what. It had been 2 years since i had ridden any bike at the track prior to me making the passes on his bike, so maybe it was me? I was pulling 116mph and DA was 3000ft

Rain here tonight :banghead:
Yes practicing a few launches the clutch is either on or off and gets worse with temp increase. So this is going to make it a challenge to get it out of the hole, Not sure if I should fill the gas tank to help with the torque wheeling thru 1st and 2nd. I just want to get a base MPH 6.30's is what I was expecting to see if I can get a holeshot, the problem is if I lean over the tank it hard to stay balanced while carrying the front wheel while pulling my long as legs back up to the pegs to make the 2nd gear shift.

Rain here tonight :banghead:
Yes practicing a few launches the clutch is either on or off and gets worse with temp increase. So this is going to make it a challenge to get it out of the hole, Not sure if I should fill the gas tank to help with the torque wheeling thru 1st and 2nd. I just want to get a base MPH 6.30's is what I was expecting to see if I can get a holeshot, the problem is if I lean over the tank it hard to stay balanced while carrying the front wheel while pulling my long as legs back up to the pegs to make the 2nd gear shift.

Launch with your left foot on the peg.

Back