Where should I be at?

mysticblu999

Registered
Just started going to the track. My 3rd time ever was last night. Bike is 64" with a stock clutch with heavy springs. running 4 stages of boost,

1 8psi
2 12psi
3 18psi
4 22psi.

I wiegh 225 with no gear. 18/45 gearing. Last night I did my best time but not the best mph in the 1/8. I have gone 125.

60ft 1.62
330 4.12
1/8 et 6.17
1/8 mph 119.33

I feel like I should be closer to 5.8. That is my goal for now. Before my best was a 6.40 and I set out to beat that. Realized I was doing a lot of stuff wrong like short shifting like hell. So when I was aware I instantly went 6.17. I'm going to guess I should be around 5.8?

Goal is to get into the 7s in the quarter and still have a street bike. First goal is to break into the 5s. Anyway how is a newb to drag doing?

6.x anything seems a little high for something making that kind of power. My bike is simple bolt-on's has gone a 6.1x.

Thats what I thought. Need a lot more seat time I guess. The 330 and the mph seem pretty weak to me. I just bought a AEM AQ-1 to hopefully help. I know I need a good clutch too. I still haven't even done the back torque eliminator. Just waiting on funds to do a rock or a hays. It should no doubt then be in the 5s? Just needs a good rider:rofl:

Goal is to get into the 7s in the quarter and still have a street bike.
I think thats kind of an oxymoron isnt it?:laugh: actually, that is my goal as well when I get my bike back from Powerhouse after a few upgrades but ur gonna need a lock-up clutch to pull that off imo and a hell of a lot more boost. ur gonna need to get ur 60 ft's down into the 1.4's.

and ur no jockey either but neither am I. im 190 with no gear. what RPM r u lauching at?

I think thats kind of an oxymoron isnt it?:laugh: actually, that is my goal as well when I get my bike back from Powerhouse after a few upgrades but ur gonna need a lock-up clutch to pull that off imo and a hell of a lot more boost. ur gonna need to get ur 60 ft's down into the 1.4's.

and ur no jockey either but neither am I. im 190 with no gear. what RPM r u lauching at?

Hell no I'm no jocky LMAO. My Launch master is set at 7500 and, I think I might even raise it to 8000. I think I still let it bog of the line. I know I'm going to need more boost, Like a lot more. I'm trying to decide on which turbo I want. I plan on going standalone sometime also, But for now I'm going to hook up the data logger to hopefully help me use what I have for now. 60 ft needs improvement for sure. I'm hoping a clutch will help with that. I want to only do it once. So either a hays or a rock is what I'm seeing used the most. Keeping it a street bike is key. What should my 330 be? 3.9xx more like it?

I am not a turbo or anywhere close to your power, a pretty much stock with stock swingarm Gen 1 with 60,000 miles and I ran a 6.5 our 60ft times aren't too far apart. I launch at 10,000 rpm. Your power may make you unable to launch that high but launching at 8,000 sounds low to me.

I run a gen 2 with only a pipe air shifter and swingarm, stock clutch too. It will go with me on it (210 in gym clothes) a 5.92, launching around 7K. 3.88 330, and that is with a 1.45 60 (been 1.42). So it's all in the take off. I'm no jockey either :D A ROCK clutch will be my next purchase.

Sounds like seat time is what I need.
:thumbsup: I'ts all about seat time. I can't imagine what a 400hp bike would be like to ride, but I'm sure that doesn't help. Does the bike wheelie on you? Are you strapped in the front? I can't believe your clutch is going to hold up under that much abuse either. I honestly can't believe it will hold the power and that you aren't blowing through it. Just a thought. Color me lost like an easter egg when it comes to turbo talk!

With all that power and the way you have to set up your bike how is it still gonna be streetable?

:thumbsup: I'ts all about seat time. I can't imagine what a 400hp bike would be like to ride, but I'm sure that doesn't help. Does the bike wheelie on you? Are you strapped in the front? I can't believe your clutch is going to hold up under that much abuse either. I honestly can't believe it will hold the power and that you aren't blowing through it. Just a thought. Color me lost like an easter egg when it comes to turbo talk!

Its pretty awesome, I originally built the bike to terrorize the streets, but I'm married now so I take it to the track. I do LSR with it too. The Clutch has around 32k on it actually, only about 25 passes at the track. I don't expect it to last must longer. I honestly expect cracks in the basket pretty soon. Ultimate goal is 7 sec 1/4, 250 mph in the mile and still ride it to get a cheeseburger :laugh:

Seat time AT the dragstrip is what you need. The better you are able to launch the bike and get your 60's down to the 1.4x or low 1.50s your going to see your time drop dramatically.

Since your only running the 1/8 your not getting the back half to make up time like you would in the 1/4. I usually run right around 5.95-6.05 in the 1/8 at 116-118 mph on my +6.5" stock motored 08. Once you get your launch down your times will drop dramatically.

my timeslip is pretty much identican to urs except i got a 1.7 60' but im only putting down 190 to the wheels and that timeslip was my 4th time ever on a drag strip on a bike...and if ur running a launch master at 7500 then u should be at max first stage of boost right off the line and shouldnt be bogging down... i think ur first step should be the clutch

I've got a buddy with a turbo 08 with a little hp less than you. His best 60' has been a 1.65 and he weighs 300 suited. His best 1/8 was a 5.90 @ 140 which turned into an 8.71 @ 174. With a normal weight rider and a good 60' I'm sure that bike will go in the high 7's. He is running 8 pounds on the spring in first gear but ramps up the boost quicker than you are. I have no experience at top speed, but your drag goals are attainable if you are willing to spend enough money getting there. It is tough to get big improvements in the 1/8. As a comparision, I go 5.70's @ 124-125 on my stock motor 08 @ 63.5" but that's with a 1.43 60' and I only weigh 175 suited.

I don't care what it takes to get there as long as I get a 7 sec street bike. I don't mind spending money on my bike, ask my wife :laugh:. Before I go adding more power I'm just trying to learn to ride what I have. This winter I will buy a good clutch. I am planning on getting a ultra kit with a motec and racepak dash, maybe do a GTX35R or a GT4088R. Haven't decided yet. Thats not as important as riding it though. Thats the main goal.

I added a 46t rear yesterday but guess what. It rained so no test and tune tonite dammit. Im also going to make the boost come on more aggressive. I now have my AQ-1 ready to log so that will help me some also.

Sir, ride your bike at your level and progress at your own pace, trying to ride like others will get you hurt and a tore up bike... you didn't learn to read the first 3-4 times you opened a book, so don't expect the best #'s in 3 passes. work on your reaction times, then your 60' times and then worry about the 1/8... write on back of each ticket what ou do at line each time and any changes you make between passes to find direction..you go faster by thinking clearer and going slower...

I added a 46t rear yesterday but guess what. It rained so no test and tune tonite dammit. Im also going to make the boost come on more aggressive. I now have my AQ-1 ready to log so that will help me some also.

Back