what is this pin under the from sprocket cover

tyrone

Registered
what is this pin under the front sprocket cover

So i just bought a supersprox sprocket kit. I took of the cover for the front sprocket. There is a long pin thats just towards the front side of the sprocket. Upon removing the cover it pulled out a little. when i push it back in it dosent seem to go in all the way. i know its not going in all the way because most of the pin has dirt on it except about an 1/6. can anyone give me link to what the pin is and or how to get it all the way back in so don't trash my engine when i put the cover back on. here are some pictures.

Last edited:
ok here you go

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

Dude, that is your clutch push rod. Pull it out, clean it off, put it back in. It should all go back together all nice and stuff as long as you didn't pull in the clutch lever while the countersprocket cover was off. You might want to consider bringing it to a shop . . .:rulez:

Well...whenever I put the cover back on, it does not sit flush without bolts. If I tighten down the bolts, is the pin supposed to give?

If look at pic 2 it shows pin sticking out just a-bit. I have not pulled any clutch levers since the cover came off.

Well...whenever I put the cover back on, it does not sit flush without bolts. If I tighten down the bolts, is the pin supposed to give?

If look at pic 2 it shows pin sticking out just a-bit. I have not pulled any clutch levers since the cover came off.

If you put a little pressure on the cover while you are lining it up, you will feel the clutch push rod "give". It will go in.

put a little grease on it as well. Make sure it fits back in the rubber boot in your clutch slave.

Do not damage the rubber grommet it is sticking out of.....you have to split the cases to replace that correctly.

just a side note.....that rod goes into the hole and mates with another rod on the other side that pushes on a pin that presses on the pressure plate that works the clutch......layman terms.

If you ever take your clutch out there is a rod in the shaft that has little flowers on the end.:beerchug:

This is good info for those of us planning to swap to a different front sprocket this winter.

Back