front sprocket cover

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
I need to remove the front sprocket cover to clean and inspect the sprocket. I have moved the coolant overflow canister and hung it in place with a small bungee strap. Can I remove the cover by just taking the four bolts that hold the cover out, or do I need to disconnect the hoses and electrical connections attached to the cover too? I appreciate your help.

I usually remove the speedometer sensor and leave the rest in place. Don't disconnect the Clutch hose or you will have to bleed it.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll be doing this down the road.
beerchug.gif

(Professor @ Jan. 10 2007,19:04) I usually remove the speedometer sensor and leave the rest in place. Don't disconnect the Clutch hose or you will have to bleed it.
Thanks Rick, thats what I thought but I wanted to be sure. Do I need to take off the gear shift linkage?

(GSXcite @ Jan. 10 2007,21:16)
(Professor @ Jan. 10 2007,19:04) I usually remove the speedometer sensor and leave the rest in place. Don't disconnect the Clutch hose or you will have to bleed it.
Thanks Rick, thats what I thought but I wanted to be sure. Do I need to take off the gear shift linkage?
Hal,
Yeah, you'll need to pull the linkage off the shaft...

(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 10 2007,19:23)
(GSXcite @ Jan. 10 2007,21:16)
Hal,
Yeah, you'll need to pull the linkage off the shaft...
Thanks Shawn, you d man!
beerchug.gif

Back