What is the ideal number of bikes to own?

i have 2 2002 busa (drag bike) 08 busa stock ( will stay mostly stock) wanna get cruiser or chopper ... a chill bike/ highway trip bike

Busa for the street & the 60RR for the track. I would like an enduro to play in the dirt w/.

I have two, but three is the magic number for me. Once I pay off the Busa in two years, I will be picking up a M109R. I will be replacing my GSXR750 (track bike) next season for one of the newer 600's with a slipper clutch. So for 2010, I should be sporting a Busa, M109R and a 600cc track bike. Since I have to buy a house next year, it will have to have a three car garage!
001-9.jpg

002-19.jpg

Last edited:
I had 4... 07 busa, 06 gsxr 600 track bike, 06 raptor 700, 02 ex400 with a 04 kawasaki zx10 engine welded in. I couldnt ride them all. The bikes whoud just sit cause i always ride the busa. Theres only 2 days in the weekend so i sold the raptor and the ex/zx10 before they started to rust.

Id say 2 bikes. Street/track or street/dirt. Maybe track/dirt.

Okay, I've given this a lot of thought and the answer is . . .

. . . one more bike than you have riders in the home.

:D

--Wag--

As many as your income allows. :O I unfortunately only have 3. Busa , X and a Rutkus. I want a modified Y2k but can not afford one.

I think it depends how much you ride. If you live to ride and would use more bikes I guess the sky's the limit (sounds like a single guys hobby to me tho :laugh: ). If you have time constraints and alot of bikes with limited riding time they can start to become a pain.....too much maintainence, need lots of battery tenders or new batteries frequently, lots of fuel stablizer, room, registrations, insurance, oil/fluid changes whether ridden or not.....not to mention most bikes depreciate pretty fast, so if they sit alot you'll be losing money hand over fist with no riding pleasure to show for it. Been there done that :;): I think 3-4 is my ceiling anymore. You need at least 2 tho.....always have a back-up bike :laugh:

My riding habits have changed over the last 35 years. I'm too old for the dirt or the track. I can't afford more than two, but I would like to find a new home for the GSXR750K7, keep my busa for sporty stuff and get something really comfortable for 2-up with the wife

sm busa 030.jpg

my first was a 2002 yamaha drag star 125cc ( learner bike for 2 months)
second was a 2002 sportster 883 screamin eagle pipes +airfilter+carb
third was a 99 busa red and black.. sold to my friend
now a 99 busa MINE ALL MINE :p
and a 1989 goldwing.. still there.. ;)

My wish list DUCATTI 1098... or H.D softail .... emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This is an on going discussion here at the shop. Brenda and I have 5 right now running...

1999 Busa
2001 TTR125
2002 YZ426F
2003 R6
2005 R1

Plus in the basement I have a ST1100 and a KX500 project. Both need lots of work.

The perfect number would be one that covers all your riding intrests.

Vman - don't you mean one for EACH of your riding interests?....

My answer would have to be : all of them.

stable.jpg

I think a 600 or 750 trackbike would make my stable complete. Wow, looking at the pic the Busa has gone thru some major mods in five months, sure does not look the same as in the pic now.

Back