What is the fastest speed you have been pulled over for?

I was pulled over soon after doing 155mph in a 65 zone @ 3am in my white Porsche. A HP saw my tail-lights go by on the highway and decided to catch me. I slowed down a couple of miles down the road and he caught up...had no idea he was there. He stated in his writeup that he was doing 121mph and I was still walking away from him. He also stated that he couldn't pace me because he couldn't catch me and didn't get close enough to radar me, PA dropped it to an 84mph in a 65mph zone. Yes, I am 75% Irish and damn lucky to boot!

85 in a 75 on my Triumph D1200 and got out of a 95+ on the return trip from Vegas. Nothing yet on the Busa but it may go on an extended trip this spring.

I was out one evening riding off some work related frustration. I took off in town in a "spirited" fashion with shorty megaphones on the bike. I probably hit 85-90 in second gear before I let off in a 45. Cop pulls me over. I didn't even have the bike out of gear and I get this.

Him: You in a hurry to get somewhere?
Me: *nods no*
Him: Slow it down.
Me: *thumbs up*

I stopped at the next gas station and bought a lottery ticket. Apparently I had used up all my luck though.:thumbsup:

On the way to laughlin on River Road got hit for 96 in a 45. Cop was really nice and was jealous that my bike had hazards and his didn't. Got a ticket for 51. 6 over was much appreaciated. Cost me 200 bucks and the judge made it a parking ticket! no pts! :cheerleader:

240 in a 100k, 6:00 in the morning - empty 4 lane highway. Handcuffed me to the front of the car. That was an interesting day.

I heard Ontario has some of the harshest fines for speeding in Canada, the rest of the day don't look good when the O.P.P. cuff ya to the car. I hope they gave you a break!

113 in a 55, bike towed, taken to police station but released, p/u'd bike the next morning, court case pending :poke: Got a lawyer..wish me well :beerchug:

30 in a 35 zone, :rofl: city police pulled me over, when I asked why he wouldn't say. a minute later the county sheriff pulls up, gets out, looks at me and shakes head at me. He walks over to the city officer, talks for a minute and then leaves. I ask the city officer again why did he stop me. He says the sheriff had a radar trap set up and some OLD guy on a custom bike went thru at 115 and your bike looks like it would do that. He asked if it would, I said "according to the gearing chart, it will in 2nd gear". He asked how many gears do you have? 6 gears I said. how fast will it go he asked? I replied again "according to the gearing chart, 212mph." He asked, do you plan to find out? I said yes, :whistle: his eyes got big, then I said at the Texas mile, a land speed racing event. He said be careful.

On my GSXR 1100 got pulled over by a NYS Trooper at 135! He gave me a break, warning and no tickets. Then we hung out on the side of the road for 20mins talking bikes! Thats a cool cop, and I kept my word and slowed the f*** down

30 in a 35 zone, :rofl: city police pulled me over, when I asked why he wouldn't say. a minute later the county sheriff pulls up, gets out, looks at me and shakes head at me. He walks over to the city officer, talks for a minute and then leaves. I ask the city officer again why did he stop me. He says the sheriff had a radar trap set up and some OLD guy on a custom bike went thru at 115 and your bike looks like it would do that. He asked if it would, I said "according to the gearing chart, it will in 2nd gear". He asked how many gears do you have? 6 gears I said. how fast will it go he asked? I replied again "according to the gearing chart, 212mph." He asked, do you plan to find out? I said yes, :whistle: his eyes got big, then I said at the Texas mile, a land speed racing event. He said be careful.

Your just tryin to hit with one of sticks they got, arent ya?:laugh:

second day on the beast:
comin home got pulled for doin 58 in what i thought was a 55, turned out it was a 200 yard long school zone they just created and speed limit was 45, i didnt see the signs cause i was so worried about the speedometer, traffic and tryin so hard to NOT get a ticket. cop was cool and wrote me a 'failure to notify of new address' ticket. now i do 45 thru there whether its during hours or not:thumbsup:

On the way to laughlin on River Road got hit for 96 in a 45. Cop was really nice and was jealous that my bike had hazards and his didn't. Got a ticket for 51. 6 over was much appreaciated. Cost me 200 bucks and the judge made it a parking ticket! no pts! :cheerleader:

Just curious, but how do you get this kinda deal? I've only been to court a couple times and I was surprised how lenient the judge CAN be with dropping things and changing tickets, but how do you go about saying "Yes I was speeding, sorry, can you change it to a non-moving violation?" ????

this has been an expensive couple of years for me...what can I say, she (busa) wants to go fast. my biggest was coming home from Tahoe into Sacramento, buddy with a GSX1000R and myself were cruising pretty good through placerville around 150-170......we pulled off just getting into Sac. to get gas, filled up our tanks, and was just pulling back out when 4 cops screamed to a halt in front of us. said they were trying to catch us from placerville and that the only reason they found us was that a plane was following us. lol, but because of my insurance, USAA, he thought I was military and gave us a break .....ticketed for 90 and told to slow down. Still a $450ish ticket.....many other 15-20mph over's since then....gotta de-tune this thing or something:banghead:

When I was young and dumb I got a 55 in 92 which was about a 2 weeks paycheck since then I have a clean record as far as speeding Grip It And Rip It :whistle:

Ooops forgot about the THP that was 3 feet on my ass end of the VMAX coming back on 65 wrote me a 89 in a 70...
No mirrors never seen him pull out :banghead:

in extreme excess of 150 was what was on the report when i got arrested speedo was burried a cop that i passed said he clocked me at 171 and i was still accelerating.. i never saw either cop and as soon as i did i stopped and got arrested for fleeing and eluding... speeding is not a smart thing to do... but i guess neither is stopping

84 in a 45 coming around a "danger turn" just to find him sitting on the other side. doh guy i was with ran and i had no endorsement, pulled me over in front of a bar and told me to call for a ride, i walked over drank the rest of the night away till my buddy came and gave me a ride home. just so happen to be a bar i frequent, they were laughing at me the whole time. bastards :)

98 in a 60 in my trans am he wrote me for what he clocked me at never had a speeding ticket on the busa.......just arrested for a wheelie :whistle:

Roughly 165mph in a 60 in think, no ticket, no warning, got a lecture and a get the f out of here...

Ian and I got pulled over for like 135mph in a 55mph by a different state trooper after being clocked 15 mins earlier on the same road by a state trooper. Said he couldn't prove it was us but the first bike was clocked at 135 and the second at 103 and the second bike was gray with a rider in a blue jacket. Strangely Ian has a gray GSXR and a blue coat. He gave Ian a waring for like 62 in a 55 and sent us on our way.

Ian also passed a county Sherrif at 155 on I-70 and got let go. They said they were surprised he instantly stopped, so since he didn't make them chase him, they let him go.

I have had 2 tickets in the past 10yrs, one on the dragon at the spring bash and a 90 is a 65 last year which I took to court prepared to fight and the officer didn't show up. Dismissed no fine or court cost.

Back