what is the cheapest but nicest HID for the 08 busa

coreywiley

Registered
I'm looking for some HID's for my 08 busa , but i'm not sure which ones are good to buy. I'm just looking for the low beam. I just don't want to wind up buying junk like I did when I bought my l.e.d's that I wanted to put through out my bike. I also have an alarm that I want to install. I priced the installation at a shop near me and dude said it could cost up in the high hundreds. it's a simple alarm but i'm not familiair with the wires on a bike. anyway the wiring reads like this.

1. 12v(+) - Red wire
2. 12v(-) - Black/white wire
3. Key on +12v -Orange wire
4. Start Wire - Black/white wire
5. Ignition off (up) (remark 1)
6. Ignition off (down) (remark 1)
7. Direction Light - Black wire
8. Direction Light - Green wire

Remark (1) Low voltage auto tester is suggested to test which terminal is for turning off the engine.

Is there a harness on the bike somewhere with all these together. If someone could help that would be great . Thanks:rofl:

100_2840.jpg

Last edited:
Call XenonKing the kits they sell are great kits and you will not be disappointed. Oh by the way XenonKing is a sponser here :welcome:

In the quest for quality HID's you're gonna have to spend a premium to get a premium (with the exception of people trying to rip you off).

Xenonking is top quality...

period!

I've invested in his product and have nothing but pure satisfaction for his bulbs.

Some people will say the ballasts are too big or that other kits come with smaller ballasts etc. Well chances are you own a busa if you're here and the busa has a lot of room to accommodate the ballasts.

I have a friend who got his kit for like 130 for high and low beams. He got 6k bulbs and his bulbs look nothing like mine. They had a faint fade to them...It was dim, didn't have the crisp look and when we pulled up behind a car side by side, the xenonking mcculoch would destroy the light pattern from his bulbs.

It's funny because when we cruise down the road. He'll pull up beside me on one lane and my lights would light the whole freeway (in pitch black darkness with no street lights)

On his bike they would be bright as hell for like 30 feet head then fade off like the light waves just gave up.

I don't know how to explain it. But its clearly night and day and everytime we pull up to a stop light he always shakes his head when I pull the "Stare at beam, stare at his beam" action LOL

DDM Tuning is the best IMO for the price.. $45 for the base kit, $60 for the 55w ballast upgrade... AWESOME product and lifetime warranty

Cheap and nicest are mutually exclusive...

IMO, a 6K provides the most usable light and the least amount of hassle from LEO's... you start going 8K and above and the "blue" tint "can" get you pulled over in some areas..

Technically ANY HID is illegal if you are cited.. I also see no reason to go with a 55w, the 35 provides ample light and wont put a strain on your electrical system.. And again, you go around blinding oncoming traffic, you stand a chance of being cited..

So should I get 8000k or what?

You need to get a color/heat chart. Decide what you want for yourself. Most people will tell you that too much blue/purple (higher kelvin numbers) will not give you the most light. I'd say you'd do well with the 4.3 or 6k. I have the 6k, and they're slightly blue...

It is a decision you're going to have to make for yourself. People can give you advice all day long, but in the end, you need to be happy with the amount of light which emenates from the bulbs.

Also, don't cheap out, yo. Spend the money, get quality goods and be happy for the long run. It's not that much different, price-wise, and for what you get in peace of mind and general overall satisfaction you'll find it completely worth the extra cash.

My .02.

Good luck!

There is an article on the site about how one member changed the reflectors to make HID lights project a better beam of light.

Ok! I should get the 6k instead of the 8k and will I also need to get the time delay as well? I found them on Amazon for $14.99. which brings me to my next question. I see that there are two types of delays. there's the DEI 528T Time Relay and there's the Directed D528T Pulse Timer with SPDT Relay. What is the diffrence between the two and which one should I purchase. Thanks for all you alls help.

no delay timer here, never had issues... 06 model... SPDT means single poll double throw (offers normally open or normally closed function) you just need normally open (either will should work, just a matter of which way you wire it provided you need it but I do not think you do IMO)

Last edited:
The reason I ask is because I read a couple members saying that they had to get a delay box because their HID was coming when they turn the key but goes off when they hit the start button and to counter act this they added a delay switch instead of added a toggle switch.:beerchug:

Depends on the year of your busa I believe.

I had to get the dei528t because on my 03 busa, when I turn on the key, the HID lights up, when I start the bike, the ecu doesn't kill the headlights during the ignition process it, it just robs power from it.

What happens is my HID's pulse (think strobe lights) when I start my bike.
Sometimes these strobes would cause the HIDS to misfire, thus the bike would be running and the HID's would be off.

I would then have to turn off the bike, turn back on and start again.

Now with the 528t, turn the bike on, put it in neutral, start the bike and a few seconds later, one solid blast to the hid's and they fire perfectly every time.

Gives your electrical system time to stabilize before the hid's fire.

The "cheapest and nicest headlights" are the stock ones. :whistle::poke:

I purchased mine from Busazilla a while back, they are by far one of the best upgrades I have put on my Busa. I recently added a DEI 528T Delay Timer, and it is really trick. You start your bike and 20 seconds later, you light up the street. HID's are the wave of the future, get on board.

THE CHEAPEST AND THE BEST OR ON THE SADIGUY AUCTION RIGHT NOW ! JUST HAD A FRIEND DO MINE IN DEEP BLUE AND IT'S A NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE IN THE PICS , CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE .:cheerleader:

ive bought two systems from xenonking for both of my bikes and both were top notch kits. the latest kit i got for christmas for my 08 that my wife bought me. I got the kit out and installed it but when i got to the plugs that plug into the factory wiring harness one of them didnt match. so like any other individual would do i picked up the phone and called their tech line. I talked to BRANDON (sp) who acted like he could give a ##it less what my issues were but ultimately asked e to send him a picture of the connector i was having issues with. Between the time i got off the phone with BRANDON took the picture and emailed it all from Blackberry 9000, which took 30 seconds, BRANDON left for lunch. So when I called him back I got another guy who was able to view the email I sent to BRANDON. I was told, and this is no s#it, "go the website and see if yo can find a solution to your problem.". I was so stunned by his response that I nearly dropped the D#mn phone.

i guess the point id be trying to make is that if you want a good product, YES, xenonking sales a good product.

If you are looking for service after the sale, you better have some knowledgable friends or are familiar with the "SEARCH" option on this website because that is the only way i was able to resolve the issue.

just my .02 cents

Back