What is the busa like?

motogp08

Registered
Hey guys, never ridden a busa before and am thinkin on gettin one this summer. Was wonderin what it is like to ride. Any info would be great! How it handles, how it stops, how much accel. it has, just every/any thing you can think of!!

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee submit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx!!!!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|motogp08
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144231241 -->

real fun, fast and smoth. but it must be respected. she can bite back:O

I can compare it to the FZ1 I just traded. Busa power is 10+, handling great. Rock solid in the corners. Brakes are 10+. I loved my FZ1, just love the 'busa better. Everything form acceleration, braking, cornering is right there & right now. Best words I can use to describe it. Respect it and treat it right and it will plaster a long-lasting smile on your face!

Like riding a freight train... She launches like nothing you have ever experienced and with what seem like endless power... Respect her cause she'll bite you!

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144238062 -->

I just jumped up in Feb. from a 01 Gixxer 750 to the Busa and for me the ride comparison is like night and day. It's a lot smoother than any of my previous experiences. I've ridden routes on the Busa that I'm familiar with and the ride was very different, more comfortable and relaxed. Gettin a Busa was like gettin a Luxury Sedan (w/ hellacious power) for me.

We're still breaking each other in.

hey sweet avatar dudr! is that Angelle Sampey? anyway-here's a few words bout the busa-(hope you've ridden at least one or two litre Bikes) with R1/Gixxer 1K as a reference: Busa has WAAAY more low-end power; never "out of the powerband". Handles well, but any litre bike will feel like ridin w/200lbs. less between yer legs. Brakes will yank your fillings outof your head if not careful. Top speed is limited to 186 like everybody else, but you get there MUCH faster, even with a passenger. If you've never ridden a bike with at least 150hp-then this thing IMO-is just more than you may even want. If you're buyn for looks n don't plan on ridin like a madman, this is a great sport/touring machine; but believe me, the power is just too tempting to leave untouched-n if you arent prepared, the Busa will put you in the ER faster than you can think "WOW this is fast!!" take one for a test ride, or at least roll around with some1 who rides one on your current machine n tell'em to push it-see how hard it is to keep up.
hope this gives you sum insight, n welcome to the .Org!
smile.gif

Comfy and smooth ......untill 6K rpm's . Then you better hang on to your a$$ !
biggrin.gif

I just got my busa last week have put about four hundred miles on him the rides have been smooth and fun. i'm a big guy so the weight of the bike is not a problem but have found that it handles very welll in turns.

for it's size very quick be easy on the throttle.....

My five steps to a busa buddy

1) ride like you are scared of it
2) ride like you respect it
3) ride it
4) run it
5) race it (if that's your thing)

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

<!--EDIT|moeluv
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144248696 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

I just got my busa last week have put about four hundred miles on him the rides have been smooth and fun. i'm a big guy so the weight of the bike is not a problem but have found that it handles very welll in turns.

for it's size very quick be easy on the throttle.....

My five steps of marriage to a busa

1) ride like you are scared of it
2) ride like you respect it
3) ride it
4) run it
5) race it (if that's your thing)

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif
OOOOOOKAY! Never heard a man refer to a Busa as a HIM. and then refer to be married to it. Sorry but had to take that stab, feelin pretty peppy today. I got to ride my babay today and settin here lookin at HER through my office window. Life is GOOD!

smile.gif

smile.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

very smooth throttle, very smooth and comfortable to ride, But when you twist that right wrist(WOT) you better be ready, because she ain't gonna wait for you to get ready, she is going somewhere very quickly.

Just remember to give yourself plenty of time to get used to the Busa (weight,accell etc)
wink.gif

The Busa is just awesome... riding the twisties or on long straight runs on the interstates she handles great and is comfortable. I have put many a 9+ hour days on her with all kinds of riding terrain and won't give "My Baby" up for anything else.
smile.gif

Back