What's it like to do 186 mph?

very cool story
smile.gif

Hahaha.... all sounds very familiar. It leaves out the feeling that you just got away with doing something very uncivilized. sj

I have done 202 on my bike and I can say is you better have your azzzzzzzzz tucked in and dont raise up until you get back down to about 140mph....what an adrenial rush......
cool.gif

Nice read but full of innacuracies. As I understand the limiter, the bike does not cut one injector to limit the speed nor does it kick in at 10,800rpm. Also the rear tire is not a 240mm but rather a 198mm.
wink.gif

Mine on the limiter was very subtle, but we don't have to worry about that anymore.........

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114394356 -->

may be those are euraopeon differences
There is no factory available Busa in any country with a 240 rear tire that I am aware of. It wouldn't make sense anyway. The guy in the article doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Wonder if he actually went that fast either.
rock.gif

Nice read but full of innacuracies. As I understand the limiter, the bike does not cut one injector to limit the speed nor does it kick in at 10,800rpm. Also the rear tire is not a 240mm but rather a 198mm.
wink.gif
The 240 rear that they are talking about is the rear BRAKE rotor diameter.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Very good description
cool.gif

That pretty much what is was like going down the main straight at Road America on Thursday. I got this bright idea (not!) to wave at the people along pit wall, and as soon as my hand came off the grip, I thought the wind was going to tear my arm off. Needless to say...That thought never crossed my mind for the rest of the day.
wow.gif

...and that was only at ~170 indicated.
wink.gif

Hey stkr00 , I assume Road America is some sort of track? How long is that main straight?

i topped my bike out last night..well.. sunday morning around 3:45am.
wow.gif
  i will say this..besides being somewhat nervous  
tounge.gif
 , when i thought about if for a sec, the bike was really smooth.. like, if felt like it was ment 2 go this fast.  
cool.gif
 when i had my R6, and i topped it out, 184 indicated, prob 165 for real, the front end was shaking like crazy
mad.gif
 , the busa.. just felt fine. but DAMN!!  this bike is fun!!  haha. what sucked though is i had my vents open on the top of my helmet.. and the wind would come down over the windscreen and try 2 lift my head/helmet up.

<!--EDIT|AZIROC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114408975 -->

I can tell you that the rev limiter is fun. Just ask Joe and Steve whom I was riding with late last wednesday night when I passed them at 170 on their two 750's..... LOL! Yeah..... 186 is f-ing fun.....

Hey stkr00 , I assume Road America is some sort of track?  How long is that main straight?
I'm not sure about the actual length of the straight. People said it was almost a mile. Here's a link to our thread about the track day. It has links to a video and the track website. The track is 4.2 miles overall.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

I can honestly say that I haven't hit the limiter yet. Would like to, but just can't seem to find the right roads here in IL. They are not very straight.

Back