What is the best bike Ever

Dr.Strangelove

Registered
Was listening to some old riders the other day and they were talking about how good the old days and bikes were .
Although it come downs to personal choice I think the bike that does it for me was the Honda 750 the begining of the modern bike era.
It was light years ahead of anything around in those days .

But in the end there will only be one worth remembering .

I'd agree with the CB750 arriving that it changed the world of motorcycling. Mine looked just like this one and I toured the northwest on it in the 70s. I saw very few bikes on tour in those days. Really, only about a dozen or so throughout NorCal, NV, OR, ID, MT and WA. Not that way anymore!

SOHC750-4.jpg

I'm partial to these six cylinder marvels though and have two that I also tour on extensively, 50,000 on the 79 and just turned over 90,000 on the 82.

TwelveCylindersNoWaitingSmall.jpg

Not being completely uncivilized, I do have some modern equipment too...

DSC01449Small.jpg

The TL1000 is sexy :agree: Although i have deep feelings for the ninja zx7r

Attachments

• zx7r.bmp
    870.1 KB · Views: 356
not that I am an "old timer" but yesteryears bikes have nothing on todays bikes... reliability, power, handling etc... just like the cars, the new ones drive circles around the old ones...

BUT.. for nostalgia sake.. I gotta go with any of the Honda line 4's..

It was either Discovery or the History Channel [don't remember which]on motorcycle history.The turning point in time that change everything was the 1969 Honda CB750.The first inline 4.Just think,Honda paved the way for your busa.Just like Chevy with the small block in 55.

Last edited:
I had a Kawasaki "Mach 1" back in 1972. I had a ball on that two stroke triple out running Honda 750 and Harley Sportsters with my 500. Nobody knew how fast those were until you left them in a cloud of two stroke smoke! Now when it came to cornering - forget it. :laugh:

Many have mentioned the Honda CB750, but for me it was the first KZ900. When Kawasaki raised the inline four ante to 85 hp. it made me change over from Harley. The difference was a revelation to me, similar to the difference between the Busa and all other bikes.

I had a Kawasaki "Mach 1" back in 1972. I had a ball on that two stroke triple out running Honda 750 and Harley Sportsters with my 500. Nobody knew how fast those were until you left them in a cloud of two stroke smoke! Now when it came to cornering - forget it. :laugh:

:bowdown: One of the coolest and most dangerous bikes ever.

Back