Bad Start To The Season

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
I guess I don't remember a worse start to the bike season, four deaths in four weeks. Four funerals. The first bike night, drunk hardley rider hits a fire hydrant while running from the cops, dies at the scene. Next, sport bike rider rear ends car at a light, R1 Yamaha, rider dies in the chopper. Bike was only hours old. Then, 22 year old cruiser rider looses it in a corner, dies at scene. Then it hits home, one of the local sport bike contingent gets run over by a Honda Accord last Sunday afternoon. WTF? Here is the kicker...not one of the riders was wearing a helmet, all died from massive head trama. I pulled along side of an ambulance the other day, the guys just nodded their heads at me, they looked sad. Sometimes I wonder what it takes to get people to wear their gear? Here is a weird one, the guy that got hit by the Honda had taken the rear brake off of his zx12, something to do with his new extended swing arm set up. The guys that saw the accident said the bike did a stoppie, flipped and threw him right against the car. Dumb #### didn't even have a shirt on....hope this is it, everyone please gear up and be careful!!!!

Folks, please be careful! It's the beginning of the season and everyone is a little rusty (some of us more than others). Wear your gear and be careful!

I have been on a bike bike many times with out a helmet over many years. Now days HELMET. I just do not understand not riding with one on. I guess I never will understand it.

I guess I don't remember a worse start to the bike season, four deaths in four weeks. Four funerals. The first bike night, drunk hardley rider hits a fire hydrant while running from the cops, dies at the scene. Next, sport bike rider rear ends car at a light, R1 Yamaha, rider dies in the chopper. Bike was only hours old. Then, 22 year old cruiser rider looses it in a corner, dies at scene. Then it hits home, one of the local sport bike contingent gets run over by a Honda Accord last Sunday afternoon. WTF? Here is the kicker...not one of the riders was wearing a helmet, all died from massive head trama. I pulled along side of an ambulance the other day, the guys just nodded their heads at me, they looked sad. Sometimes I wonder what it takes to get people to wear their gear? Here is a weird one, the guy that got hit by the Honda had taken the rear brake off of his zx12, something to do with his new extended swing arm set up. The guys that saw the accident said the bike did a stoppie, flipped and threw him right against the car. Dumb #### didn't even have a shirt on....hope this is it, everyone please gear up and be careful!!!!
It's posts like this that make me want to give ridin' up. PLEASE EVERYONE BE SAFE AND WEAR YOUR GEAR!!! We all have loved ones! Think of them before that next move that you think may get you in a stick situation.

It's posts like this that remind me I'm not crazy when it's 95 degrees and I'm in at least jeans leathers and always full helmet.

I'm speechless. Please be careful out there. Best wishes to the families.

Well Myrtle Beach Bike week is comming up in a few days. I'm hope I'm not the only one in South Carolina wearing a helmet and gear. There were several wrecks last year that resulted in avoidable fatalities. Even hardley riders seem to abandon their useless "plinko chips" when they cross the border. Go figure. Chris

It's posts like this that make me want to give ridin' up. PLEASE EVERYONE BE SAFE AND WEAR YOUR GEAR!!! We all have loved ones! Think of them before that next move that you think may get you in a stick situation.
you read my mind.

Make it 6 fatalities thus far, we've had 2 in my community thus far. Cagers ran down a couple on a Harley....

Helmets are madatory here....

Even if its scorching. I always wear my draggin jeans, moto boots and at the least my mesh jacket, or if its cool my leather and helmet. and Field sheer hard knuckle gloves. However in Myrtle I tend to dress down. But i probably will bruing my poop anyway. It can't hurt. I am not scared of my drivieng. i am scared of all the new fuckers that just got their bikes the week before myrtle and are trying to race with all of the traffic in front of them!!
mad.gif

It always amazes me that people don't wear helmets. I have always wore my helmet even when it was not mandatory. Even if you go down in a parking lot and hit your head without a helmet you could die or have serious brain damage. I'll admit I don't always wear long pants or my JR jacket but I always wear the lid. I still don't like the law that you have to wear a helmet(just don't like goverment making choices for me) but anyone that doesn't wear one is just asking for serious injury.

Scariest thing about Myrtle Beach Bikeweek --------- The number of motorcycles with 30 Day license tags.
sad.gif

We've had 3 deaths in the last 2 weeks in this city alone, and one more guy is clinging to life in the hospital from this past weekend. Unbelievable.
mad.gif

Back