Multiple-bike accident

Guclu

TurkishRiders.Org
Donating Member
Registered
A group of four riders was traveling two abreast in the left lane when the Toyota pickup in front of them slowed to make a left-hand turn onto a side road . The two lead riders reacted late and were barely able to stop in time , according to reports in local newspapers . The two riders following behind rear-ended their stopped buddies , bringing all four bikes (two carrying passengers) down .

All six people (four riders, two passengers) were taken by helicopter to a local hospital , where two were listed in critical condition . Although both of those riders have been stabilized and will probably survive, they and/or their friends could have easily died in an accident like this .

motorcycledaily.com's Alex Edge wrote something about this accident , here is the link : http://www.motorcycledaily.com/06february06_crash.htm

please check ... accident explains why keeping your head up always while riding , is so so important .

sad.gif
sad indeed. being aware of whats going around you at all times is so important

Good read and a constant reminder to STAY alert at all times! When I ride with friends we always TRY to maintain plenty of distance between us for cases like this.
At least these riders will live to see another day and will no doubt be extra cautious riders when they get back in the saddle!

....... and ride ALONE.
That's one reason I NEVER do group rides  
wink.gif
. I just say, "See Ya there" and "So Long" ! I don't trust or want to be near someone else on a ride since I've seen about every dumb thing a person can and does do when trying to impress someone or not paying attention  
ss011.gif
. Been there, done that, and I am really not into PAIN  
face7.gif

I know you guys don't want to here this but it is a fact. Most people when around others ride much more careless and dangerous than when alone. I'm guilty of the same thing. Man I hate to here about this.:(

When riding in groups it's best to give 2 to 4 seconds between each bike and ride in a staggered formation.

so you guys ride alone all the time... i find that boring... i do ride alone sometimes but i like to take 150-200+ mile rides with friends on occasion, but riding alone all the time because you dont want to pay attention to what other do?? I ride in the back and keep my distance if i dont know the group... just my .02's
rock.gif

me 2 TSgt, riding alone gets old sometimes..... i DO only ride with good trusted riders tho, cops already profile sportbikes around, dont need some asscock gettin us in trouble.... im trying to protect my license record!
wink.gif

everytime I ride in a group ride, someone always crashes.  Thank God it wasn't me.

That's why I don't go to group rides anymore, I ride alone.
I even try not to go with my best buddy who rides. I've seen him crash trying to show off and I almost crashed trying to keep up with him.

One and only group ride that was fun, safe and accident-free was the 3 day MSF course.  Sh1t that was fun.

Ride safe, Ride alone, Live to ride another day is my motto.

<!--EDIT|busafish
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139360887 -->

I've seen so many stupid things happen in group rides.. Much prefer the safety of riding alone..

so you guys ride alone all the time... i find that boring... i do ride alone sometimes but i like to take 150-200+ mile rides with friends on occasion, but riding alone all the time because you dont want to pay attention to what other do??  I ride in the back and keep my distance if i dont know the group...  just my .02's
rock.gif
TSgt, I guess there are those who are Groupies  
jump9.gif
and those who are loneys  
ss038.gif

To each his own, but I love my riding and it's done several times a year at 17 to 24 hours at a time by my little lonely  
smile.gif

Yeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaa, here I come  
race.gif

I enjoy riding alone, but I have taken several group rides that were a blast. The key to riding with others is to know who you are riding with, as far as their riding experence, and discuss safety concerns before the ride( our group ALWAYS does this) Maintain a safe distance in staggered formation, and Don't ride above your skill. If we have riders who are out to show their stuff we simply do not ride with them. I for one plan on taking it real easy at busa bash. Just my .02

Back